Me um heap big pale face

For all things fashion, beauty and hair care

Re: Me um heap big pale face

Postby Kaz » 04 Dec 2012, 19:43

I'd never had my face done professionally until earlier this year when the Dior lady I mentioned before did it for me - they had a promotional evening and I got invited and took B along. We got flutes of sparkling wine and nibbles and she did our foundation and blush for us :D I was so impressed with the finish that I bought the foundation there and then, and bought the bronzer when I had enough Beauty Card points ;) :lol:

She said I had very good skin for my age, but I do have larger pores than I had before and some uneven-ness and that all just disappeared :D
Kaz

Postby Gal » 04 Dec 2012, 22:47

Ooo-er my products are all cheap as chips - the dearest thing I own is my foundation, and it's Max Factor's Ageless Elixir 2 in 1 so not exactly bank-breaking :oops:

Avon eye liners, and a mascara that's excellent for me but again, the cheaper end range (NYC range at Superdrug, City Curls)

I feel like the poor relation :oops:
Gal

Postby Paddypix » 04 Dec 2012, 23:09

Gal wrote:Ooo-er my products are all cheap as chips - the dearest thing I own is my foundation, and it's Max Factor's Ageless Elixir 2 in 1 so not exactly bank-breaking :oops:

Avon eye liners, and a mascara that's excellent for me but again, the cheaper end range (NYC range at Superdrug, City Curls)

I feel like the poor relation :oops:

Well you certainly don't look like the poor relation Gal.
Paddypix

Postby Diflower » 04 Dec 2012, 23:24

Gal Rimmel is hardly big-budget :D
My current foundation is Max Factor too, can't remember but it may be the same one, in a pump? I have often paid more for foundation, but then my skin needs it and if I'm not careful it can do more harm than good.

I don't wear very much these days, but I like makeup! I've never had a lot of it at any time, and much of it has always been cheap. But the few bits that cost more are so lovely to use, and do last and last.
Diflower

Postby Lozzles » 05 Dec 2012, 09:22

Thanks for your tips ladies :D I'll look out that bronze blusher. I do have some nice brushes already. I do wear make-up if I'm out in the evening, but at the grand age of 50 I think I should be wearing it in the day too, which I rarely do. So getting a natural daytime look is my real problem, so I will have to experiment :lol:
Lozzles

Postby Kaz » 05 Dec 2012, 10:55

Don't be daft Gal you always look terrific! :) 8-) Most of my stuff is fairly low budget - I have plenty of Rimmel in my makeup bag too, my fave black kohl pencil is Collection 2000 (cheap as chips) and I have some Body Shop, and Bourjois, and my current mascara is Maybelline - only the base stuff is 'expensive' and I only bought that as it was on offer, and like Di my skin needs help these days :roll: ;)

Loz I always think an unmade-up look is the hardest of all to do. These days that is my daytime look - foundation and some bronzer and a tiny dab of highlighter on my cheekbones to give my face some shape, neutral beigey-brown eyeshadow or pale grey depending on what I'm wearing then either brown or grey eyeliner pencil, then a neutral 'blonde' eyebrow pencil to fill in my very sparse eyebrows. Then a 'nude' lip pencil with a spot of gloss on the top. I don't look like I'm wearing much at all but it just makes me look healthier (I am deathy pale naturally) and 'finished'............Less is more I'm finding at my age :lol:

If we go out in the evening that's when I go for more colour and a more made-up look! :D
Kaz

Previous

Return to The Boutique