F1 - the final season.

For the chaps here

F1 - the final season.

Postby Workingman » 16 Mar 2019, 12:17

Unless something changes this will be the last season F1 will be seen on our screens. Even regular highlights are to go.

I don't know about Shell, another big F1 fan, but I am getting into Formula E.

The technology has taken it to a full race competition, so no half-time car changes, and soon they could be able to race on the shorter club circuits of traditional F1 tracks. The cars look stunning and unlike F1 they do this strange thing called "racing".
Workingman

Re: F1 - the final season.

Postby TheOstrich » 17 Mar 2019, 00:24

I think that's the key to it - they do this strange thing called "racing" …...

The processional element of some motor sports - and it's not just F1 - doesn't really appeal as I'm not technically minded :oops: , so I don't really understand the cars and their changing technology, and there rarely seems to be any "competition" as such.

Back in the '70's, though, I used to watch a lot of speedway, and it certainly varied from track to track - some (like Crewe) were just boring, glorified "Wall of Death" circuits where you'd be lucky if you ever saw any overtaking, whilst other circuits were less steeply graded, slightly wider, and in consequence much fairer - so some really enthralling racing was possible. Luckily, one of those "fairer" tracks was my local venue - Cradley Heath - brilliant entertainment!
TheOstrich

Re: F1 - the final season.

Postby miasmum » 17 Mar 2019, 01:12

Hi Frank, I do watch Formula e occasionally and having watched qualifying today I’m not sure I can do another same old, same old. But I was impressed with Lando Norris, and the Alfa Romeo’s who will be forever Sauber to me.

I am not sure I can turn my back on F1 after all these years, but if it was taken away that would force my hand
miasmum

Return to The Shed