Oops, that did not go to plan.

For the chaps here

Oops, that did not go to plan.

Postby Workingman » 16 May 2019, 10:50

Derby beat Leeds 2:4 at home in the Championship play-off semi final.

Congrats to them and Villa who beat West Brom, but it such as shame that teams 3 and 4 are not there.

Next season, maybe. :roll:
Workingman

Re: Oops, that did not go to plan.

Postby TheOstrich » 16 May 2019, 16:56

Yes, bit of a surprise, that. I'd quite fancied Leeds for promotion.

I wonder if your manager will move on now …..
TheOstrich

Postby Workingman » 16 May 2019, 18:02

If Dizzi gives him money to strengthen the squad, based on what he has just achieved with so many injuries and very young players, then he might give it another season.

However, if he does leave he really has set us up well for next year. There are top notch managers out there who would jump at the chance to manage Leeds.
Workingman

Postby cromwell » 16 May 2019, 21:38

Bielsa did very well to turn a mid table team into title contenders. But when West Brom put four past us at their place I believed automatic promotion was going to be difficult.
And when we lost at home to Wigan who were down to ten men after ten minutes and whp had the worst away record in the Championship I knew that was it; the team had gone and we weren't going up.
If we keep Bielsa and invest in some new players next year might be better.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby miasmum » 27 May 2019, 00:21

Hello, I've missed this thread. As you know I support Ipswich and we are relegated. But because my football buddy supports Aston Villa and we go to watch them play Ipswich, when I have to sit on my hands, or not, this being Ipswich, I do have a soft spot for Villa. If we were still in the Championship I would want Villa to stay there, but because we are gone I am happy for Villa to go up. So tomorrow i will be buying a Now TV pass and wearing my Villa socks, Nigel bought me and supporting Villa against Derby. Although there are a lot of ex-Ipswich players at Derby and I do love Tom Lawrence and Martyn Waghorn, but no I still want Villa to win.

Big question for Ipswich fans is where is our goalie going?
miasmum

Return to The Shed