Football without commentators

For the chaps here

Football without commentators

Postby JoM » 04 Dec 2019, 23:18

I've been saying for years that I wished that televised games could be viewed without having to listen to commentators, obviously it's easy enough to turn down the volume on your TV but then you lose the crowd noise.

Finally it's happened. Amazon have shown the first of their Premier League games this week and they have a feature called Stadium Atmosphere which mutes the commentators, it's brilliant :D

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Re: Football without commentators

Postby TheOstrich » 05 Dec 2019, 00:04

Googling it, I see they tried this feature out on Burnley v Man City?

So does that mean you've now defected from Old Trafford, Jo? :mrgreen: :lol:
TheOstrich

Postby JoM » 05 Dec 2019, 10:36

:lol: Never!
I'm assuming it was available for every game? The option was in the audio menu. The City game was the night before last so maybe that was the first time it'd been tried.

We were impressed with Amazon's broadcast though, just kicking myself for turning down a ticket as I hadn't realised it was a 7.30 kick off rather then the usual 8 for evening games. That half hour makes all the difference as to whether I can go or not as the last train south is at 10.07pm and it's not doable with a 8pm ok without leaving midway through the second half.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby TheOstrich » 05 Dec 2019, 20:15

We were impressed with Amazon's broadcast though, just kicking myself for turning down a ticket as I hadn't realised it was a 7.30 kick off rather then the usual 8 for evening games.

I do wish they'd stop mucking around with kick-off times. BT Sport usually televise a National League fixture live every Saturday, and earlier this season they chose Barrow vs Yeovil. The KO time had to be moved from 3:00 to 5:20 in the evening ….. :roll:
TheOstrich

Return to The Shed