They Thought it was All Over ..... But Maybe It Isn't!

For the chaps here

Re: They Thought it was All Over ..... But Maybe It Isn't!

Postby Workingman » 19 Dec 2020, 15:21

Wrong time of the year for the Ostrich to be having his fevvers clipped - he'll catch his death in this weather. Speaking of weather, it is lovely up here, but as there are no noises coming from the direction of the YMCA pitches I guess that a lot of our lower level games are off as well. There are usually lunchtime and early afternoon kick offs at this time of year, but not a peep.

The cricketers also use the all-weather nets on Sundays so it will interesting to see if they turn up or whether the T3 rules have put paid to them as well.
Workingman

Postby JoM » 20 Dec 2020, 01:06

Obviously me and Joe won’t be at Old Trafford today. Didn’t really expect to be but it was nice to have a little glimmer of hope for a while.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Workingman » 20 Dec 2020, 13:36

No football and no cricketers - it's quieter than the graveyard.

Jo, I thought that the tightening of T3 rules meant that fans had been barred again? I cannot find any mention of fans on either website.
Workingman

Postby TheOstrich » 20 Dec 2020, 15:16

Blimey, your Yorkshire cricketers must be a dedicated lot, WM, practicing in the nets in December .... :x :lol:

I would have thought Man Utd would be BCD, Jo ....

From the Beeb Website:

Tier 3
You can't mix indoors, in private gardens or in most outdoor venues, except with your household or bubble
You can meet in a group of up to six in other outdoor spaces, such as parks, beaches or countryside
Shops, gyms and personal care services (such as hairdressing) can stay open, as can swimming pools
Bars, pubs, cafes and restaurants must stay closed, except for delivery and takeaway
Collective worship can take place with no mixing outside of bubbles
Small wedding ceremonies can take place, but not receptions
Sports fans cannot attend events in stadiums
TheOstrich

Postby JoM » 20 Dec 2020, 17:25

Workingman wrote:No football and no cricketers - it's quieter than the graveyard.

Jo, I thought that the tightening of T3 rules meant that fans had been barred again? I cannot find any mention of fans on either website.

That’s what I meant Frank, the applications were opened in case Manchester went into Tier 2 (and obviously our area would’ve had to move down a tier too for us to travel). Is it now only Liverpool and Everton in the Prem who are still in 2?
It was just nice to put the applications in last week and have that little bit of hope for a few days :lol:

JoM

Postby cromwell » 21 Dec 2020, 10:39

Well that could have gone better.
Six offside goals given against us though - absolutely shocking! :shock: :shock:
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby JoM » 21 Dec 2020, 11:01

cromwell wrote:Well that could have gone better.
Six offside goals given against us though - absolutely shocking! :shock: :shock:

With the way our defence have played this season we were still thinking a draw could be possible at 88 minutes.

JoM

Previous

Return to The Shed