Anyone see the Bahrain GP?

For the chaps here

Anyone see the Bahrain GP?

Postby miasmum » 30 Nov 2020, 19:00

What a lucky escape that was. Had Romain been unconscious that would have been it.

Even though my friend had text me to warn me as she knew we didn't get it until 9pm and she said it is horrific, I still wasnt prepared for how horrific
miasmum

Re: Anyone see the Bahrain GP?

Postby cromwell » 30 Nov 2020, 19:31

Yes MM, I saw it. Grosjean's car split in two which is mind bogglingly unusual and if it hadn't been for the halo device he would have been killed when the car went through the barriers.
And that was before the inferno.
He's a lucky man.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby Workingman » 30 Nov 2020, 19:39

Another one horrified at what he saw, but also full of admiration for the volunteer marshals and medical crew for their swift action in putting themselves in danger to help save Roman.

I am also in awe of the technology, engineering and materials science behind these cars. Not that long ago we would have been looking at another racing death.
Workingman

Postby miasmum » 01 Dec 2020, 00:14

Completely agree, the medic that assessed the scene in about 3 seconds then pointed the marshall and fire extinguisher at it before rushing towards Romain climbing out of his car was a complete hero.

The halo was devised following the death, the completely needless death, of Jules Bianchi. I am so pleased for his family that it has saved his friends life. Romain was a pall bearer at Jule's funeral, so if you believe in guardian angels.......

But imagine, going through all that, being engulfed in flames and having the wherewithal to remove your HANS device and seat belt and apparently he was still asking about his steering wheel, because he hadn't replaced it.

I dont think he will be back in the car now, well I hope not. He has a beautiful wife, three gorgeous children and writes cookery books with his wife, stick to that Romain, please
miasmum

Postby cromwell » 05 Dec 2020, 11:32

Romain Grosjean recounts his accident at Bahrain. Touching, moving and scary.

https://www.crash.net/f1/feature/949627 ... ash-escape
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby miasmum » 05 Dec 2020, 20:01

It is very scary and the interview is with Martin Brundle on Twitter. People are now saying "yes we get it you survived move on" Romain needs to repeat this again and again and again, to help him process it. Why are people so bloody horrible?
miasmum

Return to The Shed