TheOstrich

Re: What is

Postby victor » 29 Jun 2021, 09:11

Well spotted
Didn't see it myself
victor

Postby Workingman » 29 Jun 2021, 10:44

Penalties are still a bit of a lottery, and let us not forget that it was a damned good save by Sommer not just a miss by Mbappe..

The lad has had a strange tournament. In the games he has spent ages out on the left and in acres of space yet Pogba, Kante, Griezmann kept pushing the ball out to the overloaded right hand side. Very often when he did get it he was double-teamed by the defence.
Workingman

Postby cromwell » 29 Jun 2021, 10:55

Two tremendous games yesterday. Croatia 3 - 5 Spain. I always pull for Croatia, for a small country the amount of talent they produce is astonishing. Spain were stronger though.
France 3 - 3 Switzerland.
Another fantastic game! Switzerland should have won it in normal time with the chances they had but what spirit they showed to come back from 3-1 down and win!
France have been a bit below par this tournament i think.
It's been like watching a Ferrari that can't get past third gear. You know there's a lot more there but they just couldn't produce it.
Mbappe has been injured this year and I did wonder if he's lost a yard of pace. He's still lightning though. But they've been playing him wide and Benzema in the middle; it's worked for Benzema but not for Mbappe and I think France were worse off as a result.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Return to The Shed