DO. NOT. MENTION. FORMULA 1.

For the chaps here

DO. NOT. MENTION. FORMULA 1.

Postby miasmum » 02 Aug 2021, 00:00

I am completely and utterly incensed

So Bottas causes a huge first corner pile up, no penalty.

Kimi gets caught up in an unsafe release, gets the same penalty as Lewis from Silverstone, when a release is nothing to do with the driver.

Now Seb has been disqualified, because they failed to get the a litre of fuel out of his car. How is this Sebs fault? But hey it puts Lewis up to second.

And biggest award of the day, the Malingering Hector Oscar for Mr Hamilton and his selective Long Covid. Didn't affect him two weeks ago, did it?????
miasmum

Re: DO. NOT. MENTION. FORMULA 1.

Postby Workingman » 02 Aug 2021, 00:45

I switched off at the flag because I did not want to hear all the crap so I did not know about Seb. Apparently there was still 1.44 kg of fuel left in the car but they could not extract it at the test - equipment problems - FIA or Aston's?

Kimi is unfortunate, but that is the long-standing rule. His penalty was correct, it was Hamilton's joke of a wrist slap which needed looking at.

That shunt also needs looking at long and hard. It was too 'convenient' as far as I am concerned. The cockpit view from Bottas didn't seem to show any attempt to avoid or any excessive braking - no lock up - nor did the overhead, it was just a glide into Norris. I bet RB will be wanting it investigating further.
Workingman

Re: DO. NOT. MENTION. FORMULA 1.

Postby cromwell » 02 Aug 2021, 15:18

It's worse for Red bull because apparently Perez's engine is ruined and he will need another; they are only allowed four, I think.
It was a very happy accident as far as Mercedes were concerned.
Honestly I had to turn the sound off as the hysterical Hamilton worship does my head in.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Return to The Shed