Went to watch

For the chaps here

Went to watch

Postby victor » 23 Aug 2021, 23:18

Southampton v Man.Utd on Sunday,ended a draw at 1 each ,either could have /should have won it.
However a new digital ticket system didn't work so well a lot of fans on both sides were late getting in some to find out that their seats had been sold twice.

So a few things to be sorted by Saints before the next home game.

However to be fair to them they held their hand up and apologised and announced at half time that ALL supporters will have their ticket money refunded
victor

Re: Went to watch

Postby JoM » 24 Aug 2021, 10:12

We were at Old Trafford the weekend before and we were bombarded with texts and emails in the week before advising supporters to get there around 90 minutes before kick off because of the new digital ticket system and nearby roadworks. There’d been problems getting people in at the preseason games due to the new system with some not getting in until half an hour after kick off but I’ve not heard of any problems at the Leeds game.

From what I’ve read there have been problems at other grounds too.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby TheOstrich » 24 Aug 2021, 11:54

victor wrote:Southampton v Man.Utd on Sunday,ended a draw at 1 each ,either could have /should have won it.
However a new digital ticket system didn't work so well a lot of fans on both sides were late getting in some to find out that their seats had been sold twice.
So a few things to be sorted by Saints before the next home game.
However to be fair to them they held their hand up and apologised and announced at half time that ALL supporters will have their ticket money refunded

Was that a one-off game for you, Vic, or do you have a season ticket like Jo?

Refunding all supporters, that'll cost a fair bit!
https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2021 ... and-refund

I have seen reports that all Premier League clubs will ultimately be looking to move onto a "phone app" for season tickets, no more physical cards.

As for having your seat sold twice, the only way I'll definitely get a seat at some of my matches is if I take me own! :lol:
TheOstrich

Postby victor » 24 Aug 2021, 13:54

Gonna cost around £1,000,000 it's reckoned.
Yep got a members ticket now but probably won't do every game

Members ticket £26.50 (O.A .P) £20 matches ticket

Don't bother with refreshments ,they ran out of bottled water.
victor

Postby JoM » 24 Aug 2021, 16:11

There’s a Home Bargains up the road from Old Trafford that we go to for refreshments. 29p for a bottle of water :lol:

With a members ticket do you just buy a ticket for the games you choose to go to?

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby victor » 24 Aug 2021, 21:46

As far as I know that is how it works,Jom
victor

Return to The Shed