Spa Farcecorchamps.

For the chaps here

Spa Farcecorchamps.

Postby Workingman » 29 Aug 2021, 23:09

Two laps behind the safety car because it was a bit wet is a race? Give me strength!

Run it on Monday at noon, if possible, or cancel and give the punters their money back. Don't pretend that you had a 'race' and keep the dosh. Zandvoort, the next race, is only only 150 miles away. I have been to both tracks. It is logistically possible for the teams to race tomorrow and then move on. They do it for Texas, Mexico and Brazil.
Workingman

Re: Spa Farcecorchamps.

Postby cromwell » 30 Aug 2021, 10:09

I went to Spa in 1987. It's a beautiful circuit. Senna and Mansell crashed into each other on the first lap.
That part of the world is well known for rain.
Yes, it's a funny one. Two laps? Either it's safe or it isn't. It didn't look safe to me at all!
This has been done because of TV contracts and scheduling, I bet.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby miasmum » 30 Aug 2021, 18:27

No sure about TV scheduling, we settled down to watch it at 6.30pm on Channel four and got one episode of A Place in the Sun, followed by Escape to the Chateau. The highlights were an hour at 8pm. I cant make my mind up with this one. The fans had waited 3 hours, was it fair to send them home without trying or was it worth a shot and thats what they did? Initially I thought the same about re-running it today, but thats because its a bank holiday here. I'd be more annoyed that having sat there for so long, the race was run the next day but I was at work. That to me smacks more of TV rights and scheduling.
miasmum

Postby cruiser2 » 31 Aug 2021, 08:01

I went to Spa in 1954 to watch motorbike racing. It was a lovely day.

It was when I was in the RAF in Germany.

Didn't watch this "race"
cruiser2

Return to The Shed