Abu Dhabi Grand prix

For the chaps here

Abu Dhabi Grand prix

Postby cromwell » 12 Dec 2021, 22:12

I am not a Lewis Hamilton fan by any means, but by gum he was done today.
There were some very creative interpretations of the rules to ensure a last lap shootout.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Re: Abu Dhabi Grand prix

Postby Workingman » 12 Dec 2021, 22:35

But what a farce of a "race" for it to end that way. Were the stewards trying to make amends to Max for not forcing Hamilton to give up the gain he made by cutting the corner on lap one. Who knows? Got to say that even though I do not like his personality Hamilton took it well.

Given the season, overall, I think Max deserved it.

C&P from my thread now deleted.
Workingman

Re: Abu Dhabi Grand prix

Postby miasmum » 13 Dec 2021, 22:32

I was pleased for Max and my God what a final lap, wonder how much Liberty Media paid Michael Massi for that.

It was rude, but how I laughed at Toto "mikey mikey you can't do that its not fair" Reply "Toto its a motor race, Ok?" Toto in a high pitched squeak "what"

Checo fighting off Lewis, what a team player and I also wondered about Lando going off track and letting Checo by. Might see Lando in a Red Bull one day?

And my final moment of wondering, why did Alonso go into the Red Bull garage during the discussion? You don't need a barrister, you just need Mr Teflon himself :lol:

yes both Lewis and his dad were magnanimous in defeat, not sure Max would have been and Jos certainly not, I dont like that man.

We watched the highlights, after 20 mins we were on lap 54. Found out why after another 60 minutes of chat and still we didn't know when the programme ended if Max would keep it
miasmum

Return to The Shed