Mason Greenwood

For the chaps here

Re: Mason Greenwood

Postby Workingman » 02 Feb 2022, 13:34

It should not really matter if she was his long-term girlfriend or a one-night stand, allegations of rape, sexual assault and threats to kill have to be taken seriously.

Yes there will be many young women who will hook up with the young, rich and famous and go along for the ride (no pun intended) but I do not think that any of them will be looking to be raped, sexually assaulted or become victims of domestic abuse.

Apparently he has been released on bail pending further enquiries. Things look to have changed since the initial reports on Sunday.
Workingman

Postby miasmum » 02 Feb 2022, 13:52

That’s not what I said. What I said was getting drunk, having sex and changing your mind the next day does not constitute rape
miasmum

Postby Workingman » 02 Feb 2022, 19:14

Shell, I know what you said but I was not quoting you, I was simply making a general observation on how these relationships might come about and / or develop; and why.

Back in the day these young women would have been known as 'gold diggers' and some might have thought that within reason 'anything goes' to get their man - but rape, violent abuse, death threats - I am not sure about those.
Workingman

Postby miasmum » 02 Feb 2022, 20:03

I hope no one would ever think those types of behaviour were anything but abhorrent
miasmum

Postby cromwell » 03 Feb 2022, 13:58

I heard the sound clip that was released. it wasn't pleasant listening.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Previous

Return to The Shed