Mason Greenwood

For the chaps here

Mason Greenwood

Postby cromwell » 30 Jan 2022, 19:24

There are some shocking allegations in the press today about how this young man has been treating his girlfriend.
If even half of it is true then that's his career gone for a burton, and rightly so.
Man U have suspended him already and it's hard to see a way back for him.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Re: Mason Greenwood

Postby TheOstrich » 30 Jan 2022, 20:15

They were reporting just now that a man in his 20's had been arrested, not named of course.
One can't but help thinking over-paid, over-privileged and over-egotistical like many sporting "stars" today.
TheOstrich

Postby victor » 31 Jan 2022, 10:36

Well put Os
victor

Postby cromwell » 31 Jan 2022, 11:00

He was on £75,000 a week, allegedly.
You have to wonder. If you were told that this is what the club was willing to pay you for say, a four year contract and all you had to do was train professionally, keep fit and keep your nose clean, you could do it standing on your head. But regularly young footballers can't seem to manage this.
Yes, probably too much money too soon.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby miasmum » 31 Jan 2022, 11:06

I don't know Mason Greenwood's circumstances, and if she was his regular girlfriend then that puts my comment in a different light, but, and many won't agree, here goes.....

No means no, regardless of any relationship, circumstances, mental or inebriated state.

However, what muddies the waters are the young girls, that deliberately target high profile people, especially footballers, because yes they are over paid, many from poorer upbringings, loving the attention and they are easier to meet in nightclubs.

They then get completely drunk, end up in compromising situations, unable to fight, flee or even remember their names and then tomorrow morning either regret hits or they see 5 minutes of fame.

That is not rape, that is the deliberate sabotage of a young lads life, be he famous or not
miasmum

Postby Kaz » 31 Jan 2022, 16:29

Shocking! :evil:

The problem is these young sportsmen get too much, too young, and think they can do anything they want, with anyone they want - because they often can :? :( :evil:
Kaz

Postby TheOstrich » 31 Jan 2022, 20:31

miasmum wrote:I don't know Mason Greenwood's circumstances, and if she was his regular girlfriend .....

I agree with your post, MM, but from all I've read, in this case I think she was his regular girlfriend, and possibly has been for several years.
Which makes it so much worse.

I believe I read somewhere that her father said that Greenwood was "almost part of their family", but don't quote me on that because I'm not sure of the source. Possibly DM?
TheOstrich

Postby miasmum » 01 Feb 2022, 10:38

It absolutely does Ossie.
miasmum

Postby victor » 01 Feb 2022, 10:55

Apparently she is / was his regular girlfriend except for when it became news that he had been "playing away" while in Iceland with England.So he was sent home by Southgate.
Then he was lucky enough to get her back.
victor

Postby miasmum » 02 Feb 2022, 00:06

or unlucky in her case
miasmum

Next

Return to The Shed