Memo to the Leeds United board

For the chaps here

Memo to the Leeds United board

Postby cromwell » 11 May 2022, 15:02

In the event that we beat the drop this year (fingers firmly crossed) perhaps you could review your recruitment policy?
We were obviously struggling back in January, so who did we buy to strengthen the team? Oh, that's right - nobody. Well done.
In particular perhaps you'd care to review the position of striker.
Because we only have one experienced striker, Bamford.
That's not one experienced striker in the team, that's in the entire squad!
Question - what happens if said striker gets injured? That's right, you go through nearly an entire season with no recognised goalscorer in the team - and that's exactly what's happened.
It's no use saying "Oh, Bielsa liked a small squad". I've worked at places like that; if there was a problem it was always the guy who had just left who's fault it was!
The board have skimped on recruitment as policy and it's left us in great danger of the drop.
Not good.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Re: Memo to the Leeds United board

Postby TheOstrich » 11 May 2022, 21:54

Don't worry Crommers, if you think that's bad, Yeovil Town are going into the close season with apparently just one player on their books signed up for next year ..... :lol:

Survival not looking too good after tonight, I fear. You're going to need to win that Brighton game now.
TheOstrich

Postby cromwell » 12 May 2022, 10:45

Well there's always someone worse off then oneself, Os! :D

Yes, it's not looking good. Burnley might lose all their remaining matches but we have to find a point at least from the last two matches.
cromwell

Postby Workingman » 12 May 2022, 13:51

And think of all the teenagers we have had to "blood" this season due to injuries to the likes of Cooper, Koch, Klitch, Ayling, Lorente, Rodrigo, Roberts, Philips, Bamford and now Dallas.

The squad was too small from the start of the season and we all knew that. No team can afford to lose three or four or more senior players at the same time, but that is what has happened. That is not an excuse just an observation.
Workingman

Postby cromwell » 15 May 2022, 11:08

Well, fingers crossed for today.
I can't see Burnley doing anything at Spurs, but then again I can't see us beating Brighton either, if I'm 100% honest.
Hope springs eternal though!

We have been a bit unlucky. Newcastle have bought themselves out of trouble or else they'd have been down for sure and we'd be safe.
Yes, WM we all knew the squad was too small, unfortunately the board didn't seem to. Not strengthening in January is now looking like a very false economy.
cromwell

Return to The Shed