Yes, Sir Lewis.

For the chaps here

Yes, Sir Lewis.

Postby Workingman » 30 Jun 2022, 22:26

He says that older people's views should be silenced, unheard, if they do not chime with his and some mythical majority of the day.

I fully expect that when he is in his 50s. 60s or 70s he will be fighting for the views and opinions of the 'oldies' of the day to be censored because they disagree with the views held by the 'youngsters' of the day.

Or maybe not, if they they are also his views.
Workingman

Re: Yes, Sir Lewis.

Postby TheOstrich » 01 Jul 2022, 00:54

Fully agree with Hamilton, which has to be a first for me! :lol:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/ ... -interview

In this instance, a certain older person's views definitely should be silenced. If Ecclestone seriously wants to "take a bullet for Putin", then he should be allowed every opportunity to do so. :twisted:
TheOstrich

Postby Workingman » 01 Jul 2022, 01:54

Got it. So if I am an old git and have an opinion that does not agree with our youngster's views of today I have to stfu: is that it?

Ecclestone / Putin has sod all to do with it.

I am not, and never have been nor never will be, a racist, but I am getting sick of this modern drive for diversity on all fronts - see the TV ads. I suspect that it is having the opposite effect than what was intended.
Workingman

Postby miasmum » 01 Jul 2022, 08:12

Not sure about this. We all know Ecclestone loves to stoke a fire and this is a prime example. So no I dont think he should be given airtime. Not because he is old, but because he is talking a load of bull as usual.

But we can form our own opinions, I certainly dont need Lewis telling me what to think.

The diversity thing is a completely different ball game. But we had this conversation, Tim was saying why are all the families in the TV adverts blended but my thought is, does it matter? Why do we see them as blended, we need to see people as people not people as a colour.

We have outrage from certain factors when a Black actor plays certain roles, the Oliver Twist casting springs to mind or say a Black actor playing a member of Royalty, but why? He's a person playing a role, thats all. If he was played by one of the amazing actors with Downs syndrome we would all be applauding diversity, but make him Black and thats a no no, why?

But then Tim has just said but it has to work both ways and it doesn't, just imagine if they cast a White person to play Bob Marley, and I have to admit he's not wrong
Last edited by miasmum on 01 Jul 2022, 13:33, edited 1 time in total.
miasmum

Postby Kaz » 01 Jul 2022, 08:20

Well said Shell!

Frank, I get what you're saying about people being allowed to air their views, but Hamilton has a point this time - Eccleston must be losing his marbles! :shock: :cute: :cute:
Kaz

Postby Workingman » 01 Jul 2022, 17:29

My point was not about what Ecclestone said, it was never, ever, about Ecclestone. If he wants to take a bullet for Putin that's up to him.

I was talking about one self-elected group "the right (correct) thinking" censoring what is being said by others just because they disagree. It is a slippery slope.
Workingman

Postby cromwell » 01 Jul 2022, 19:10

These "voices from the past" which shouldn't be listened to all seem to belong to people who have criticized Hamilton in the recent past.
There's coincidental!
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Return to The Shed