Leed United's new manager.

For the chaps here

Re: Leed United's new manager.

Postby JoM » 13 Jul 2023, 22:38

I watched the preseason friendly in Norway between you and us yesterday, Archie Grey looks a good prospect.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Workingman » 14 Jul 2023, 12:26

Jo, I have managed to piece together about 20-25 minutes of highlights from various places. With all the changes It was a game of four teams over two halves.

From a LUFC perspective it showed that we have cover in most, it not all, positions and also that Farke is prepared to mix things up and try players in other positions when necessary. That's not been the case for a few years.

MANU will be thereabouts again. Maybe not top, but close.
Workingman

Postby JoM » 15 Jul 2023, 14:52

Hmmm…maybe if we sign a keeper and a striker we might be okay but we can’t go into the season relying on Tony ‘sicknote’ Martial up front and Dean Henderson in goal.

I think you can be quite optimistic with Farke in charge, he won promotion twice for Norwich if I remember correctly (?) so the experience is there.

JoM

Postby miasmum » 16 Jul 2023, 00:37

Very yo-yo though Jo. (that rhymes well) Up, Down, Up, and heading back down when he was sacked

Pukki was Norwich’s biggest asset
miasmum

Postby cromwell » 16 Jul 2023, 11:20

The takeover drags on. Apparently 49's investment arm has sixty members and they all have to be vetted.
It's taking forever.
We need some signings in asap, it will be interesting to see who we manage to get. We definitely need more firepower.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby JoM » 16 Jul 2023, 15:36

cromwell wrote:The takeover drags on. Apparently 49's investment arm has sixty members and they all have to be vetted.
It's taking forever.
We need some signings in asap, it will be interesting to see who we manage to get. We definitely need more firepower.

Tell me about it, our supposed sale was first put forward last November. Six siblings (I’d love to call them something else but I’d be banned :x ), and it’s rumoured that four want a full sale and two don’t, and either way it’s been reported this week that the offers in the region of £5billion aren’t what they were hoping for. We knew they were greedy ******** but they’re taking it to a whole new level.

Shell, that’s par for the course where Norwich are concerned though regardless of who’s in charge.

JoM

Postby miasmum » 16 Jul 2023, 19:40

Its par for the course with a lot of teams relegated from the Championship to the Prem, its such a big jump.

Thats why I'll be happy to do a few years in the Championship just glad to be back
miasmum

Postby cromwell » 17 Jul 2023, 11:00

JoM wrote:Tell me about it, our supposed sale was first put forward last November. Six siblings (I’d love to call them something else but I’d be banned :x ), and it’s rumoured that four want a full sale and two don’t, and either way it’s been reported this week that the offers in the region of £5billion aren’t what they were hoping for. We knew they were greedy ******** but they’re taking it to a whole new level.

Wasn't there some financial sleight of hand when the Glazers took ove Jo? Something like they borrowed money to buy the club but then passed that debt onto Man U? I might have got that wrong but I know something unusual went off.
cromwell

Postby JoM » 17 Jul 2023, 19:21

Spot on Crommers, It’s called a leveraged buyout and I believe that the Premier League are trying to ban them happening again. We had no debt before they came along, now it’s somewhere upwards of £500million and much of what the club makes has gone on interest payments, plus the dividends that they take every year.

One of them came to Wembley on the three occasions last season and charged a total of £750,000 to the club for the cost of private jets, hotels etc.

JoM

Postby cromwell » 18 Jul 2023, 14:24

JoM wrote:We had no debt before they came along, now it’s somewhere upwards of £500million and much of what the club makes has gone on interest payments, plus the dividends that they take every year.

One of them came to Wembley on the three occasions last season and charged a total of £750,000 to the club for the cost of private jets, hotels etc.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

No wonder they aren't liked!

That is outrageous.
cromwell

Previous

Return to The Shed