American tippy-tappy tag rugby.

For the chaps here

American tippy-tappy tag rugby.

Postby Workingman » 08 Jan 2024, 23:25

Or "American 'football'", if you wish.

When C4 started covering this in '80s we had a lucky dip. I got the Seahawks, Patriots and Packers to follow, and the 49ers to hate. I have had a good run so far, apart from the Seahawks.

Interesting run in to the Superbowl this year. I quite fancy the Packers as dark horses... and the 49ers to collapse, as in an earthquake.
Workingman

Re: American tippy-tappy tag rugby.

Postby TheOstrich » 09 Jan 2024, 01:39

I always had a soft spot for the Seattle Seahawks when C4 started televising the sport, and followed them during their successful Superbowl campaigns under Pete Carroll and QB Russell Wilson.
Remember "The Fridge" and Washington's running back John Riggins? :lol: But I haven't taken much interest in NFL for a number of years now.

A bit like British speedway. I was an avid Cradley Heathens fan back in the 70's when the sport was in its heyday and saw all the greats - Barry Briggs, Ivan Mauger, Ole Olsen - but I couldn't even tell you which teams ride in the top division of the sport these days .....
TheOstrich

Re: American tippy-tappy tag rugby.

Postby cromwell » 09 Jan 2024, 10:33

I remember John Riggins - "The big diesel".
Also QB's like Joe Montana, John Elway and Dan Marino. The sport seemed to have more characters then.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Return to The Shed