Spanish GP

For the chaps here

Spanish GP

Postby miasmum » 13 May 2013, 08:47

Was pleased for Alonso, why does that man get to me, when he is such a nasty piece of work? In fact pleased with the podium. There is no love lost between Alonso and Kimi is there? Can't remember why, can you?

Other than that it was a boring race. Poor Lewis, "I can't drive any slower"

If Rob Smedley ever gives up his job as a race engineer, he would make a fantastic midwife "come on you can this, just keep pushing" :lol: :lol:

I now await the indepth tyre and strategy stuff that goes over my head :oops: :oops:

Can you remember who Kimi's partner was at Ferrari?
miasmum

Re: Spanish GP

Postby Workingman » 13 May 2013, 10:23

Probably as boring a race as we will have all season, with the exceptions of Singapore, Abu Dhabi and Monaco. Four stops (five sets of tyres) to do 200 miles! Give us a break.

Kimi's partner at Ferrari was Felipe... and it could be argued that Kimi's racing knowledge helped Felipe to get where he is today.

Rob is a typical dry Yorkshireman.... says it how he sees it. ;) :P :P

I don't know where the animosity between Kimi and Nando comes from, but two incidents spring to mind. Brazil, when Kimi won the championship by one point. There was an argument about Felipe holding everyone else up to allow Kimi to win; and there were also fuel allegations - none of which were upheld. The other was Kimi losing on the last few corners of the last lap due to a broken front suspension caused by Villeneuve over-breaking when being lapped - can't remember the GP. Kimi might have thought that Nando should have stayed behind him as that is what would have happened without the incident.

ETA Lewis ruined his race by being too aggressive in the first few corners. He locked up badly and flat spotted his front tyres, and from that point he went backwards. He needs to realise that the race is not won till the last laps.
Workingman

Postby cromwell » 13 May 2013, 21:38

The tyres are just ridiculous. Purposely making them so they will wear out quicker, just to add more "excitement" is tacky.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby Workingman » 13 May 2013, 22:16

Isn't it just. :roll:
Workingman

Postby miasmum » 13 May 2013, 22:47

I think the same about DRS though. That's not overtaking, thats taking candy from a baby
miasmum

Postby Workingman » 14 May 2013, 11:50

I once saw it referred to as the Dullness Reduction System. :roll:

I don't particularly like KERS, but at least the driver has the option of using it anywhere and a defending driver can use his as well.
Workingman

Postby cromwell » 14 May 2013, 19:02

Pirelli have agreed to review their tyre strategy. Obviously Signor Pirelli reads VV. ;)
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby Workingman » 14 May 2013, 19:52

cromwell wrote:Pirelli have agreed to review their tyre strategy. Obviously Signor Pirelli reads VV. ;)

Unfortunately Bernies doesn't.... and he's the real problem. :roll:
Workingman

Return to The Shed