Well done Jo

For the chaps here

Well done Jo

Postby miasmum » 25 May 2024, 17:05

I wasn’t even going to watch, but Man Utd lured me in. Played brilliantly. Mainoo fantastic player. Deserves his England call up
miasmum

Re: Well done Jo

Postby Workingman » 25 May 2024, 17:19

A strange one.

City didn't turn up and ManU seemed to play a 3-7 system or was it 3-2-5, 3-1-1-4-1, 3-4-1-2? Three at the back and the others free to roam where they wanted - City had no idea how to handle it whatever it was.
Workingman

Postby miasmum » 25 May 2024, 17:41

It was an 10-1 formation, 10 defenders and a goalie :lol:

but didnt Rashford have a gob on him :( The King is dead, long live the King and that King is Mainoo
miasmum

Postby TheOstrich » 25 May 2024, 18:19

Congratulations, Jo, even if it was a trifle unexpected! :lol:
TheOstrich

Postby Workingman » 25 May 2024, 19:28

miasmum wrote:It was an 10-1 formation, 10 defenders and a goalie :lol:

Then the charge of the Light Brigade. Jo did it for me; central midfield, then left back, then wide right, then inside left. City just could not handle her. POTM. ;) :lol:
Workingman

Postby cromwell » 26 May 2024, 10:52

It was a funny sort of game.

City should have had two penalties imo, but them again the goal they did get was a gift.
The ref seemed to be one of these "Ooooh, that's a big decision, so I'll avoid making a decision" sorts.

Two goals for ManU, one a howler, one great. Gvardiol was so intent at nudging Garnacho off the ball that he didn't check where his keeper was.
But the instant disguised pass from Bruno to Mainoo, first time shot from Mainoo - tremendous goal.

City looked off the pace. They had a couple of chances - one really good one - but I think United deserved the win.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby miasmum » 26 May 2024, 12:31

Its just nice to know the magic of the FA Cup still exists After all if it wasnt for the FA Cup I wouldnt be supporting Ipswich, although there have been times over the years...... :roll: :lol:
miasmum

Postby JoM » 01 Jun 2024, 13:55

Frank, we never know what system is being played either, or even if there is a system :|

We just went thinking we were going to have a day out and if you can get tickets to a final then you go, we never expected to win. Got the train down which starts and ends at Moor St rather than one which comes from Manchester so that we could avoid a load of celebrating Citeh supporters on the way back, but would you believe that the closer we got to London the more blues got on the train? The platform at High Wycombe was heaving with them, so that plan looked to have failed :lol:

It was very lively where we were sitting, right from the off, we were surrounded by good ‘uns. Checked my heart rate at the end and it was 125bpm :shock: When it got to 96 minutes I could feel my bottom lip starting to wobble, looked at Joe and the soppy sod was crying too. It’s not been an easy season so to finish it like this was a bit special.

Mainoo. We’ve been championing him for a few years now. What a talent, and he comes across as a lovely lad too. Hopefully he can stay focused on his football, he seems to have a good group of mates in the team in Garnacho and Amad who want to win things. A problem we’ve had in recent times has been players who are a negative influence on each other. Jesse Lingard and Pogba for instance, Lingard and Rashford, Rashford and Sancho.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Return to The Shed