Monaco GP

For the chaps here

Monaco GP

Postby Workingman » 25 May 2013, 20:47

So, the Mercs are one, two.

During a race they always go backwards, and with nowhere to overtake we can expect more of a procession than usual unless there is some spectacular ( :roll: ) overtaking in the pits.
Workingman

Re: Monaco GP

Postby cromwell » 25 May 2013, 22:29

Until Pirelli stop making their tyres out of tissue paper it's all a bit of a farce. TBH i think it's all an Eyetalian plot - Ferrari and Pirelli ARe both italian, y'know...
Seriously, good luck to them all tomorrow. I think the Red Bulls are well placed but let's hope everyone gets through the first corner OK.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby Workingman » 26 May 2013, 19:42

Well, the Monaco procession is over and we move on.

I am please for Nico especially as he has controlled the whole weekend, but....

Something has to be done about tyres, and Red Flag rules (more tyre changes) and Safety cars running round slowly till the field is back to its former position.
Workingman

Postby cromwell » 26 May 2013, 19:47

I thought Vettel made the point when on his penultimate lap he went round two seconds quicker than anyone else in the race had!
Sutil and Di Resta both did well, Perez shot himself in the foot after he'd a good drive and Hamilton's clanger cost him second place.
Big up to Kimi, coming back from 10th from 15th after Perez had given him a puncture, and a big down to Grosjean. Four crashes in three days culminating in driving straight into the back of Ricciardo. Imo he'll be gone from Lotus before the end of the season. Apart from anything else the cost of repairs to his car must be horrendous.
cromwell

Postby Workingman » 26 May 2013, 20:04

Red Bull do not like the tyres and I thought that Vettel was making a personal and team point... even Webber made a TIC comment about gaps and the need to conserve tyres.

There was a point before the first SC when the top 13 cars were within 10 seconds of each other... at nowhere else but Monaco would that be seen.

I am also convinced that a lot of the incidents in the midfield were created by those drivers knowing that they could go faster if only they could just squeeze past....
Workingman

Postby miasmum » 27 May 2013, 00:17

Workingman wrote:I am also convinced that a lot of the incidents in the midfield were created by those drivers knowing that they could go faster if only they could just squeeze past....

Interesting though that the ones who were prepared to try were the more recent drivers, Sutil, Di Resta, Perez, the rest were happy to sit back and let Monaco be the procession it has always been. Until Kimi on lap 79 when the desire to finish in the points took over
miasmum

Postby Workingman » 27 May 2013, 00:34

Sad isn't it Shell?

The established drivers/teams were quite happy to go with the flow, it was the up and coming drivers who actually raced. :roll:
Workingman

Postby miasmum » 27 May 2013, 09:37

Old Jenson is getting well rattled by Checko isn't he? Afterwards he tried to laugh it off, but we heard him.

I love the way a couple of races ago Grosjean was a good driver who had matured, this week he is useless again.

I think the top drivers are overpaid prima donna's happy to just rely on their cars performance and not actually do anything unless their DRS can do it for them
miasmum

Postby cromwell » 27 May 2013, 12:38

I don't think Grosjean is useless Shell, on occassion he has been noticably quick. But it would be interesting to add up all the crashes he has had since he joined Lotus and guess at the number of points he (and the team) could have had. The Lotus is a pretty good car and the team should be getting more points from Grosjean. I know it's sacriledge, but I think Monaco is well past it's sell by date. Too narrow, too slow and too liable to cause accidents.
cromwell

Postby miasmum » 27 May 2013, 13:15

Couldn't agree more Cromwell. Anywhere else Bernie would be slating the circuit, the facilities, the access, the safety, but because it's Monaco its all forgiven
miasmum

Next

Return to The Shed