Should have stayed with Sky

For the chaps here

Should have stayed with Sky

Postby Workingman » 21 Jul 2013, 20:57

Poor Mark Cavendish.... he jumped teams and lost the sprint on the Champs. The Sky boys would have got him there, no problems.

Well done to Chris Froome and Team Sky, especially Richie Porte, a British win in consecutive years and on the 100th running of Le Tour to boot.

This last ten days has been unbelievable. Mt Ventoux, Col de Madeleine, Alpe de Huez twice in one day and then Semnoz on the penultimate day. That last 11km climb had and average gradient of 1:11 and in places 1:8..... That's like cycling up your house roof kilometres long.

Well done Chris and T Sky.
Workingman

Re: Should have stayed with Sky

Postby Diflower » 22 Jul 2013, 00:16

It was brill :) I didn't watch so much of it this year, and didn't know whether Cavendish had chosen to go, or not :?
Diflower

Postby Paddypix » 26 Jul 2013, 00:12

I don't want to be a downer and I applaud Frome's wonderful achievement, but will it be another knighthood and if so, how will it now be a foregone conclusion that British winners will automatically be awarded a K? It seems to either degrade Wiggins's knighthood, or the whole concept of honours for sporting achievement.
Paddypix

Postby Rodo » 26 Jul 2013, 04:16

I have to agree with you Paddypix. A precedent has been set and it's a difficult one to get out of.
Rodo

Postby Workingman » 26 Jul 2013, 12:37

It is all nonsense.

We are now in an Ashes series and England could conceivably win 5-0, weather permitting. The last time we won at home the players and staff all got gongs. A whitewash would presumably merit Knighthoods all round.
Workingman

Postby cromwell » 27 Jul 2013, 13:24

It really is time for the whole honours system to be done away with; I can't see any point to it at all.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Return to The Shed