"So, would the referee ....

For the chaps here

"So, would the referee ....

Postby TheOstrich » 28 Aug 2013, 22:59

... abandon the game if there was a streaker?"

There I was, propping myself up against the railings at 2:30 at Kayte Lane, Bishops Cleeve last Saturday, casually watching the players warm up for the Southern League Division 1 (South and West) match with Godalming Town. And one of said players trotted over and started chatting to me while performing leg-stretching exercises on the rails. He asked if I was Godalming or Cleeve, and I said neither, just a neutral "groundhopper" down from Birmingham. Told him I'd been once before, last season, and he told me he'd been out injured for most of the year, but was back now and raring to go. "And although they've put me in midfield, I'm going to score today!" he opined.

Then he asked the above question! Talk about a non-sequiter .... :lol:

Slightly taken aback, I said no, I didn't think so, and then he said that if he scored a hat-trick, one of his mates had threatened to do the deed ! I laughed and told him I'd rather see the hat-trick than the streak !!

I watched carefully as the teams came out and realised I'd been talking to one of the Bishops Cleeve players. In the first minute, he laid on a sweet cross for one of his teammates to open the scoring, and by the 25th minute, our hero had notched two goals himself !!

I waited with some trepidation for the third goal .....

Thankfully, he then missed a bucket-full of chances and was substituted with 10 minutes to go as Cleeve ran out 5-0 winners. It certainly made for a helluvan interesting match !!! :mrgreen:
TheOstrich

Re: "So, would the referee ....

Postby cromwell » 29 Aug 2013, 10:32

Bringing the fun back to football! :lol:
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby Workingman » 31 Aug 2013, 13:39

What a gentleman! 8-)

First he has a chat with the supporters, then he has the decency to miss a load of goals to spare the blushes of his mate and all the fans. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Workingman

Postby tonicha » 02 Sep 2013, 20:33

Love it :D :kick:
tonicha

Postby Kaz » 14 Sep 2013, 21:46

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's given me the best laugh of the evening - I really must read this board more often..... :oops: :lol:
Kaz

Return to The Shed