What the F1 is going on?

For the chaps here

What the F1 is going on?

Postby Workingman » 02 Nov 2013, 19:39

In India Charlie Whiting decided that the drivers could put all four wheels off the track without penalty. This week he decided that laps earned when all four wheels left the track would be scrapped, but......

I watched qualifying live where Croft and Brundle were banging on about this "rule" through all three sessions.

Rosberg, Grosjean, Button, Perez, Webber, Sutil, Vettel and Hamilton all broke the "rule" on what were their fastest laps to that point. Hamilton was so far off the track on one lap he was almost in Dubai. Not one penalty.

Either the track is the track or it isn't.

Anyway, Webber on pole. Well done lad.
Workingman

Re: What the F1 is going on?

Postby Workingman » 03 Nov 2013, 21:05

FIA to t he rescue again!

A driver re-entering the track is supposed to do so with the utmost care i.e. give way to those on the track. Whether it be from an "off" or from the pits does not matter.

How Teflon got away with overtaking Vergne by racing off the track when exiting the pits is beyond me.
Workingman

Re: What the F1 is going on?

Postby miasmum » 04 Nov 2013, 00:15

Yep me too. Then had the cheek to say Vergne should have got a penalty :shock: :roll: :roll:

The unsafe release penalty is unfair too, why penalise the driver, it's not his fault :twisted: Poor Hulks
miasmum

Return to The Shed