Workingman

For the chaps here

Workingman

Postby miasmum » 17 Nov 2013, 00:50

Are you pleased Massa is going to Williams? Wonder if Rob will go too?

Bet Perez wishes he had never left Sauber

And how nice to see Kovi back
miasmum

Re: Workingman

Postby Workingman » 17 Nov 2013, 11:21

If he brings Rob with him it could be a great move. It will give Bottas an experienced team mate who knows how to set up a car - unlike Mad man Aldo. Having said that I think the major move for Williams is the switch to Mercedes power next year.

Kovi showed that he should have never been out of a drive and with all the upheavals in the mid table teams, who knows?

Sergio? I watched quali live and Brundle was saying that Whitmarsh was phoning round trying to get him a drive, but he imagined other teams saying "If he's so good why have you sacked him?" I fear for him.....
Workingman

Postby miasmum » 17 Nov 2013, 13:02

I have no sympathy. He should have stayed where he was. I little loyalty goes a long way at times and it certainly would have done for him. I hope Hulkenberg is looking and learning. Interesting that he was offered the Lotus drive and turned it down, well done that man

Maybe all the teams will learn something from watching Kovi and stop throwing the babies out with the bathwater (that was one of my's grandma's fave sayings)

I can't see Rob working with Kimi can you?
miasmum

Postby miasmum » 17 Nov 2013, 13:03

Look, we got it the wrong way round. Massa is the one doing the following

http://www.f1times.co.uk/news/display/08024

although

http://www.givemesport.com/400773-rob-s ... t-williams

Why would he not want to be Massa's race engineer? That's what he does
miasmum

Postby Workingman » 17 Nov 2013, 13:28

Rob and Kimi! NO! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It appears that Rob will go to Williams, but in a higher role than as Felipe's engineer. He could go in as senior engineer to the team now that Pat Symonds is Chief Technical Director. That would keep him on the pit wall where many think he excels.

Aha! We appear to have been reading similar articles. ;) :D :D
Workingman

Postby miasmum » 17 Nov 2013, 15:50

I shall miss his little radio messages :lol: :lol:
miasmum

Postby cromwell » 17 Nov 2013, 16:23

I feel a bit sorry for Perez. The car has been a dud this year and McLaren have left it a bit late in the day to sack him; Massa has got the seat at Williams so there aren't too many options atm for Perez.
I do sometimes get the impression that McLaren are a bit arrogant; in fact maybe more than a bit.
Maldonado is said to be "Happy" at leaving Williams, so presumably he's got options in the pipeline?
The Lotus seat is interesting; Hulkenberg turned it down, which surprises me but WD on the loyalty front.
There are rumours that one of Force India's drivers will be on their way. Hopefully the replacement won't be a rent-a-seat merchant.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby miasmum » 17 Nov 2013, 16:46

I am not sure he has turned it down for next year, he was offered it to replace Kimi for the rest of the season Cromwell.

What does WD mean?
miasmum

Postby Workingman » 17 Nov 2013, 21:58

Reading Cromwell's mind I think that WD means 'Well Done'.

So, WD Valterri, points make prizes. ;)

I quite like the Austin track. It has a Maggots and Becketts section and a Hockenheimring infield section.

I won't spoil the race....
Workingman

Postby cromwell » 18 Nov 2013, 13:00

WD does indeed mean well done.
And WD again to Hulkenberg for the race. Alonso had to really drive the wheels off the Ferrari to get past him. Btw, aren't Ferrari struggling?
Good race for Grosjean, disappointing for Webber, lonely for Hamilton!
Perez beat Button by a distance which he will be happy about and if Di Resta is really out at Force India then I think they've got rid of the wrong driver.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Next

Return to The Shed