Interlagos.... proper racing.

For the chaps here

Interlagos.... proper racing.

Postby Workingman » 24 Nov 2013, 19:28

Far better than the antiseptic and climactically perfect Tilkedromes of modern F1: Singasnore and Abu Dreary come to mind.

Why Felipe got a drive-thru when many others were doing the same is a mystery.

Well done Seb, and a fond goodbye to Mark.
Workingman

Re: Interlagos.... proper racing.

Postby cromwell » 24 Nov 2013, 20:10

I notice they had to bleep Bottas's message when he said Hamilton had turned into him!
Yes, a good race. I wonder what Vettel was saying inside his helmet when Red Bull only brought out three tyres at his pit stop? What's the German for "Bless me, that's rather unfortunate"!
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby miasmum » 25 Nov 2013, 10:15

Probably the same as the Australian when Mark could've gained an advantage but instead they brought him in to queue!!!! Mark with an advantage, can't have that, can we boys????

Why did Massa get a drive through, I did fast forward a lot of it, so wondered why he dropped down the order

and why is Seb still doing his donuts when he got a fine the first time? Other drivers get penalties for rule breaking, e.g. Mark for getting lift from Alonso, wasn't that due to endangering other drivers, but covering the track with smoke doesn't?
miasmum

Postby cromwell » 25 Nov 2013, 10:34

Massa got the drive thru because he had been "crossing the white line at the pit entrance" - you know when they come onto the pit straight, they all cross the white line. It's just the line everybody takes up the home straight. For some reason Massa was judged to be worse than anyone else. It was a barmy decision, imo.

Yes MM, I thought that about Vettel's donutting too - if there were any drivers still on track they would have been put at risk.

eta - apparently Massa's demotion has cost Ferrari a place in the constructors championship and $10 million!
Last edited by cromwell on 25 Nov 2013, 15:42, edited 1 time in total.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby Workingman » 25 Nov 2013, 11:45

The rules regarding leaving the track are not being applied consistently. Alonso goes rallying and that's fine, Massa drifts fully into the pit lane and back out and gets a drive-thru. He wasn't the only one, though, as some of the shore to ship messages to other drivers hinted.

The same is true about the donuts. If the rules about warnings are applied Seb should get a grid penalty in the first race of next season, but he wont because it's a new season.
Workingman

Postby miasmum » 25 Nov 2013, 22:15

He has done them for at least the last three races, complete disregard for any drivers still on the track and ignoring the fine he got the first time

For once Ferrari have not be tefloned, now that does make a refreshing change
miasmum

Return to The Shed