Red Bull could quit F1

For the chaps here

Red Bull could quit F1

Postby Workingman » 25 Mar 2014, 20:16

Dietrich Mateschitz has had enough of the politics and stunts and changes.... he wants to go racing.

I would not be surprised to find others with the similar views.

Bernie has done wonders promoting F1, no doubt about that. I can now have conversations about it with just about anyone rather than having to seek out 'anoraks'. As a spectacle, however, he has ruined it.

A1GP tried and failed, but a breakaway "F1(ish)" with the likes of Ferrari, Mercedes, Honda, McLaren and Williams all taking part would be a different animal.
Workingman

Re: Red Bull could quit F1

Postby cromwell » 25 Mar 2014, 20:26

I did wonder how much the new rules reflected the move to smaller engined petrol turbo engines, and how much were they designed to stop Vettel winning every year!
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby miasmum » 26 Mar 2014, 00:38

If that is the case Cromwell, I suppose you have to balance it against how many people switched off during the Schumacher years, I know I did.
miasmum

Postby Workingman » 26 Mar 2014, 13:40

The new rules were well on the cards before RB//Vettel started winning everything, but there you go.

What we have (still) got is the "management" of the weekend, but with strategy+.

(K)ERS I can live with as it can be used to attack or defend, but with the new drive trains and all the torque DRS has become more of a joke than it ever was, and limiting fuel flow - what is that about? Then there are the tyres, ah the tyres, the ones nobody knows how long they will last for, not to mention double points........

I can well understand where Mateschitz is coming from. Next up Di Montezemolo, Sauber or Dennis?
Workingman

Return to The Shed