Bahrein F1

For the chaps here

Bahrein F1

Postby cromwell » 06 Apr 2014, 18:52

Thrilling race, no doubt about that.
Hamilton drove well, but he wants to watch what the BBC website euphemistically called "aggressive defence". Putting your team mate completely off the track twice is certainly aggressive though, no doubt about that. If he gets some back let's hope he doesn't get upset about it.
Really pleased for Perez, he drove a good race. Gosh, don't Ferrari look slow? They were blown off at regular intervals by the Mercedes-engined cars.
Speaking of which at one point the first seven cars on track were powered by Mercedes.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Re: Bahrein F1

Postby Workingman » 06 Apr 2014, 20:44

Yes, a cracking race, the best for years.

Regarding Hamilton and Rosberg, I wonder if there are two sets of rules? When Hamilton put Rosberg off the right-hand side of the track Brundle mumbled something like "But you are not allowed too do that." and he is right. If it had been Maldonado or Grosjean the least they would have got is a drive-through.

Williams were a bit unlucky with the Safety Car as they had already been in for their last tyres, but a good day for them anyway.

Ferrari and Lotus/Renault have lost the plot both engine and chassis wise; and unlike a new wing or diffuser or aero upgrade of the past there is no claw back this year.
Workingman

Postby cromwell » 07 Apr 2014, 14:44

You aren't supposed to weave on the straight either WM, and from the restart Hamilton did, to block any overtake from Rosberg.
Anyhow, it will be one of the two who emerges as Champion for sure. When they started to race they were 3 seconds a lap faster than anything else.
Old MadmanAldo was at it again! He punted poor Gutierrez clean off the track, making him loop the loop as well. Red Bull looked quicker at the end of the race but it's a big shake up this year. I wonder who will get McClaren's Mercedes engines next year, and if their new Honda engine will be a match for Mercedes.
(ps - I'm rather coming around to the sound of the engines! :lol: )
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby miasmum » 07 Apr 2014, 23:06

It was fantastic and I would've loved Nico to have won.

Poor old Gutierrez, where the hell were the marshals???? He could have staggered out that car straight on to the track. I did agree with DC though, his team should have told him someone was near especially when that someone was Madman Aldo

Hats off to Mercedes letting their drivers race. Long may it continue
miasmum

Return to The Shed