Canadian Grand Prix

For the chaps here

Canadian Grand Prix

Postby miasmum » 08 Jun 2014, 23:44

Well done Daniel, what a lovely chap he is. Was nice to see Seb looking so pleased for him too. Obviously a second place and a DNF for Hamilton helps Nico no end.

How either Massa or Perez weren't badly injured is anyones guess :shock:

Nice to see Jean Alesi on the podium, but shame on the BBC for cutting him short :roll:
miasmum

Re: Canadian Grand Prix

Postby cromwell » 09 Jun 2014, 10:44

What a race! Maybe normal service will be resumed next time, but what a race!

Bad luck on Hamilton and Rosberg, but not half as bad as poor Perez. He really didn't deserve to have Massa put him into the barriers like that after driving like a hero for 69 laps.

What did strike me was how hard it was for the Red Bull to get past the Mercedes engined cars, whether they were down on power or on worn out tyres. In a straight line the Mercedes power got them out of a hole time and again.

Yes MM, well done to Ricciardo and to Vettel too. If I'd outqualified and outraced my team mate and my team's strategy had brought me out behind him, I don't think I would have been as magnanimous.

Still, as Vettel was nearly collected by Massa as he went off, perhaps he was looking at the positives! Better third than a DNF.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby Workingman » 09 Jun 2014, 14:25

According to Rob Smedley there was a brake problem with Perez's car causing him to use engine braking well before the normal brake point and in doing so he drifted off line and into Massa's bit of road.

Apparently all the data is there and that is why Perez has the 5 slot grid penalty.

Daniel did extremely well, even with his bit of good luck.
Workingman

Postby miasmum » 09 Jun 2014, 17:37

I originally blamed Massa too so was interested to see the result of the investigation
miasmum

Return to The Shed