Your thoughts on the chicane

For the chaps here

Your thoughts on the chicane

Postby miasmum » 07 Sep 2014, 23:04

My initial thoughts were, so that was the punishment they talked about, then I thought no, don't be silly, so I was amazed when Eddie Jordan asked Toto Wolff exactly that question. I watched the highlights but my friend texted me and said "did you see the smug sly smile on Toto Wolff's face when Lewis took the lead"
miasmum

Re: Your thoughts on the chicane

Postby Workingman » 08 Sep 2014, 15:43

Nico had a practice on lap nine when the BBC's Golden Child was still making up places after a bad start. He then did it for real, lap 29, when Hammy was only 0.6 of a second behind.

The pit wall response at he time of the incident spoke volumes and probably lead to EJ's question.
Workingman

Postby cromwell » 09 Sep 2014, 13:57

If it was a set-up, they are never going to admit to it anyway. Yes WM, I can just see the BBC lead commentator sitting there in his Union Jack underpants. DC is fairly balanced, though.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby Workingman » 09 Sep 2014, 20:17

I find DC a bit of an enigma. His live commentary is as a driver would see things, and that, to me, is the truest feeling.

He does change his mind a lot, though, after the event. I sometimes wonder if that is because he has to be seen to be a team player, BBC wise.
Workingman

Postby miasmum » 09 Sep 2014, 23:35

I agree DC is a good commentator but yes he does change his mind, which is annoying.

I was even more amazed when I woke up Monday morning to find Sir Jackie Stewart in my corner.

My patriotic friend, who supports anyone, good, bad, ugly or useless as long as they are British said "how did you come to be so cynical" To which my response was "how did you become to be so blinkered" :lol: :lol:

I am so sick of the booing. Who are these fans and where were they when the rest of us were living through the Schumacher years
miasmum

Return to The Shed