Vettel to Ferrari?

For the chaps here

Vettel to Ferrari?

Postby cromwell » 04 Oct 2014, 13:11

That's the rumour. If it's true I can only say that he's likely to get a lot of money and a car that probably won't win races. Nothing that has come out of Ferrari for years looks capable of winning a Championship.

Alonso looks likely to go to McClaren. Less money but a Honda engine. Honda tend to make very good engines, so he might be making the smarter move. Pity for Jensen though, he's likely to be out if this happens.

Which just leaves - who is up for the Red Bull seat? Kvyat?
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Re: Vettel to Ferrari?

Postby Workingman » 04 Oct 2014, 14:27

I understand the Kvyat has signed for Red Bull.

It is difficult to understand Vettel moving to Ferrari except for money. As you say, Cromwell, they have been producing donkeys rather than stallions for years.

McLaren have also made "nearly" cars for a while, as this year shows. They have the Mercedes power train yet are fighting Force India for fifth place in the constructor's championship. They need an aero guy and a chassis guy as well as Alonso.
Workingman

Postby cromwell » 04 Oct 2014, 15:20

Point taken about McLaren, WM. Williams have made much better use of the Mercedes engine.

I dunno, I can't understand Vettel. Why Ferrari? McLaren would have been a better fit for him, I'd have thought. Haven't McLaren pinched some Red Bull backroom staff this year?

Alonso must have had enough of dragging the Ferrari around by the scruff of it's neck, busting a gut to try and get a win whilst lesser drivers with better machinery went away from him.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby Workingman » 04 Oct 2014, 17:50

I wonder if Vettel is hoping to emulate Schumacher at Ferrari?

And I am also wondering if McLaren are doing this year what Mercedes did last year? They put up a car capable of running but were concentration on this years car.

The FIA said that there would be a period of only minor rule changes to allow the turbo era to bed in. It would not surprise me to learn that Honda and McLaren have spent a long time at Woking developing next year's car and that is what has been sold to Alonso.
Workingman

Return to The Shed