More racing....

For the chaps here

More racing....

Postby miasmum » 26 Jul 2015, 18:10

although more penalties than a world cup shoot out, with Madman Aldo getting most of them. I am not sure he shouldn't have been black flagged after 3 penalties

So disappointed for Nico, I did shout at Daniel R, but it wasn't really his fault. No penalty for either of them.

Lewis was very contrite after his penalty

JB and Alonso in the points, woo hoo.

But more than anything, this race was for Jules Bianchi and I was thrilled Ferrari won. The minute's silence around the helmets with his family and his helmet was one of the most moving things I have ever seen.

Lovely sentiments from all and nice touches on all the cars.

Interesting that Ferrari won when not expected to and Jule's team-mate Max Chilton won his Indy Lights race, a couple of weeks ago, from 10th on the grid and dedicated that to Jules.

Fly high Jules x
miasmum

Re: More racing....

Postby Workingman » 26 Jul 2015, 21:56

The tributes to Jules were very touching... Drive on son.

I get worried by Hamilton's driving when he is not in front. He can be dangerous....

Felt sorry for Kimi. When a season is going bad it just seems to go on forever.

Good for Jenson and Fernando.

Whatever happened to my Williams' boys? The team needs a natural strategist who can read a race in real time and not from the computer screen. Bring on Ross.
Workingman

Postby miasmum » 26 Jul 2015, 22:48

Felipe got a penalty before the race even started, his head was definitely not where it should have been.

Yes they do need someone in that team, to push them forward.

I have absolutely hated Alonso at times, but for some reason I can't keep it up. He is such a racer and I so admire the way he has just got his head down and got on with things at Maclaren, in the same way Jenson does.
miasmum

Postby cromwell » 27 Jul 2015, 16:51

Workingman wrote:I get worried by Hamilton's driving when he is not in front.

Yes, he had a shocker yesterday and can be a bit of a wheel banger.

Rosberg was very unlucky. It is most un-Ricciardo like for him to cut across someone's nose all locked up in a shut-your-eyes-and-brake-late move. Rosberg was imo in no way at fault and I doubt that Daniel is on his Christmas card list right now.

Vettel drove very well, as did Raikkonen, but if there is any bad luck going, Kimi gets it.

I've started watching F1 with the sound down because I find the BBC reporting of it way too jingoistic for me. Not everyone sits in front of the TV in union jack underpants!
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Return to The Shed