The Random Thread

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Re: The Random Thread

Postby tonicha » 09 Dec 2016, 10:24

Conned into buying a very expensive calender for next year.

Pretty pictures, but the holidays are the English ones :evil: :evil: so I've had to write down all the Portuguese one's :oops:
tonicha

Postby Osc » 09 Dec 2016, 15:42

Bleurgh.....I decided to try a recipe in the soup maker book, butternut squash and coconut milk. I could see the ingredients were curryish but reduced some of them and didn't include chillies as they don't agree with me. Now the whole house seems to smell of BO :shock: :evil: :evil: :evil: The soup tastes sort of ok but I won't be rushing to make it again :(
Osc

Postby Workingman » 09 Dec 2016, 16:05

Image Image Image

Osc, I bought one of those multi-blenders and in its recipe book there was one for a smoothie that looked a bit off-the-wall. Well, you know me, I'll try anything once! One mouthful and it was nearly all-over-the-wall.

Image Image Image

Do not make smoothies from plain yoghurt, oats and fruits. Make porridge, eat the yoghurt and eat the fruit - you know it makes sense.

Workingman

Postby JoM » 11 Dec 2016, 01:32

Just been to a restaurant in Lichfield for John's office night out. It's supposed to be a really good restaurant. Wouldn't waste my time going there again.
We sat down to eat at 7.30pm, for a four course meal. Starter, main, dessert, coffee and mince pies.
When we left at 11.15 we were still waiting for the coffee and mince pies. Some people had had to leave before us too. It wasn't a particularly good meal either. Tiny portions and not hot. The Christmas dinner consisted of two roast potatoes, a Yorkshire pudding, a slice of turkey, three sprouts, two baby carrots and a bit of gravy artistically swirled over it.

I made fried egg sandwiches when we got home.
JoM

Postby Workingman » 11 Dec 2016, 15:46

Jo, that is such a shame, but some of these places just take advantage of the 'festive season' to draw us in.

Our lot are going to a 'Trad' pub for Boxing Day. It usually does a good carvery during the week, so we have high hopes. We are also supposed to be treated to starter, main, dessert, coffee and a nibbles board. If it doesn't match up they will definitely know: we are Yorkshire after all. Image
Workingman

Postby Kaz » 11 Dec 2016, 17:27

Lily's Café, down by the cathedral, where we have the WW Christmas meal is lovely - it's not particularly cheap at £21 pp but last year the food was superb!
Kaz

Postby saundra » 11 Dec 2016, 18:39

What a shame jo a waste of an evening I hope who organized it makes a complaint to the restaurant
Ton hope the sunshine has made you feel much better :lol:
saundra

Postby Workingman » 11 Dec 2016, 19:03

tonicha wrote:I should have taken a photo - but the temperature, in the sun, was off the thermometer earlier :oops: :oops:

We had to strip off the jeans, jumpers and sit in knickers and t-shirts :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

With a beer - as you do ;) :Hi: :Hi:

Our sun does nothing to the thermometer, it just shines for a bit before sliding off the page behind the trees in the cemetery. And we have to remove a few layers before we even got down to jeans and T-shirts. :twisted:

Keeps the beer cool, though.
Workingman

Postby tonicha » 11 Dec 2016, 19:24

Workingman wrote:Keeps the beer cool, though.

WM, we have a dedicated beer fridge :lol: :lol:

With some white tine in it too, for friends :oops: :oops:
tonicha

Postby Ally » 11 Dec 2016, 21:44

Family and friends. Best thing ever. Just saying. :D :D :D :D
Ally
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe