Our Friday in Birmingham

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Our Friday in Birmingham

Postby JoM » 02 Dec 2012, 23:12

As I mentioned, I took Tom and Joe into Birmingham on Friday to see the American Idiot musical. We had a lovely time. Thankfully our trains were running and hadn't been cancelled, something which has been happening frequently with London Midland recently. We had a walk around the German Market and had something to eat there and then warmed up with gingerbread lattes in Starbucks before going to the theatre.
I hadn't told the boys that I'd managed to get front row centre tickets. I have to say, I loved seeing the show without anyone in front of me. I can't complain though, on the previous times I've seen it I've never been any further back than 5th row.
They loved the show, and after the actual play has finished the cast always come out with guitars to sing and play Green Day's Time Of Your Life. When they finished two of them threw their guitar plectrums to Tom and Joe so they came away with lovely souvenirs, especially as they're printed with the American Idiot logo.
After the show, we'd seen the 5pm one, we had a walk around the market again, it was so busy by this time though, so we walked down to the Bullring and had a mooch around the 'fun' shops - HMV, Apple, Game and some gadget shop - before getting the train home.
JoM

Re: Our Friday in Birmingham

Postby Diflower » 02 Dec 2012, 23:36

Bet they loved it Jo :)
Today youngest picked the Green Day cd to play, he's always had good taste ;)
Diflower

Postby miasmum » 02 Dec 2012, 23:56

Sounds wonderful Jo, I am glad you had a good time :)
miasmum

Postby Weka » 03 Dec 2012, 07:52

Front row seats, wow! Sounds like a fabulous show
Everything happens for a reason
Weka

Return to Cafe