Good morning Saturday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Saturday

Postby Ally » 20 Apr 2024, 06:48

Good morning.

The sun streaming in our bedroom terrace window and hitting me right in the face woke me up. :lol:

I'll have a swim mid morning and that's my exercise for the day done. :lol:

We're out tonight for a friend's birthday at the Thai restaurant. :cute:

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Saturday

Postby cruiser2 » 20 Apr 2024, 07:49

Good morning Ally and anyboy else who is up.

The sun is also streaming into the room as I type this. But winter is still here.Again I had to scrap the ice off the windscreen before I went for the paper.

Am going to Chorleyfor ood shopping. Will get two steaks as grand-daughet is comingon Sunday. Also cheese and fish and veg. I do not buy the pre-packed stuff from
supermarkets.

Back home I wil just be pootling.

Have a good day everybody.
cruiser2

Postby JanB » 20 Apr 2024, 08:14

Morning both, morning everyone

Sunny with a few clouds around and the possibility of a thunderstorm later.

I have some ironing to get through, then will head outside for more gardening.

Had a letter from the Julgado de Paz, asking for more mediation. On a date we can't do, so that needs to be sorted by Nuno next week.

And I found my ring :Hi: :Hi: In the early hours of the morning, as I was sneezing away, in the spare room, and i dropped my tissue, which went under the bed, somehow.

Bent down to get it and there was my ring, twinkling away :Hi:

Might go down to the bar later. might not. A couple of wives are in the UK this week-end, so Steve and Darren are out on the razz :lol:

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
Last edited by JanB on 20 Apr 2024, 09:07, edited 1 time in total.
JanB

Postby Kaz » 20 Apr 2024, 09:01

Morning all :)

It's sunny here too Al, but not THAT sunny :lol: ;) xx

Hope you have a lovely time with your granddaughter, Cruiser :) xx

That's great news about your ring, Jan :Hi: xx

It looks nice out there today, hopefully some nice spring weather this weekend 8-) We're going to meet Em and Dave at Dobbie's garden centre for breakfast, it's at Tewksbury but just a few minutes up the motorway :)

Just to let everyone know, so you don't worry, Saundra got a new tablet and is having problems logging back in - she can read, but just not post. Mick and I are trying to sort it, we've been messaging, but she may be reading only until Jonathan visits as it's something that needs to be done on her tablet, not remotely.

have a good day everyone :) xxx
Kaz

Postby Osc » 20 Apr 2024, 11:06

Morning all, it’s a lovely day here, sunny with very little cloud and I have a jeans wash out on the line. I still have whatever it is I have, maybe sinus related, and I slept on and off until 9.30, Edward thought I was never going to wake up! Just figuring what shopping we might need - we had cancelled our Tesco order last week but they delivered it anyway :? So we cancelled this week’s which would have come on Thursday. Also we need fish and we’ll walk down to the harbour for that. Might do some ironing this afternoon before Edward runs out of shirts!

Kaz, thank you for updating us about Saundra “waves at Saundra”.
Osc

Postby jenniren » 20 Apr 2024, 11:50

Morning all :D

Bright and sunny 8-)

Glad you found your ring Jan :D
Waving at Saundra, we miss you xx
Thinking of Jo and family xx

Thank you for my lovely birthday wishes. Overall a quiet day, we had a lovely lunch at San Clu and a couple of phone calls when we got back. Also had another birthday surprise, I had a call from the hospital, will update on the Health board.

We didn't get the washing done yesterday so it's all go here. We also put the Sainsbury's delivery back a day so that's due sometime between 12-1pm.

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby JoM » 20 Apr 2024, 12:35

Morning all, it’s sunny, quite breezy and there’s a bit of a chill in the air. It was proper frosty when me and Bill went out at 6.30.

John and Joe are still in Wales, Tom joined them last night after coming here straight from work and was fed and caffeinated before he drove down (he said that now he’s paying a mortgage and bills he can’t afford to stop at motorway services :lol:). There’s no real change, just anytime really.

There’s not much else to report. I did a Boots order for hairspray (the own brand one is the only reasonably priced unperfumed one that I’ve found) and their hand sanitiser (I like it as it’s not sticky) which was delivered today, somehow a new Mac lipstick ended up on the order too so I keep admiring myself in the mirror. I’d normally just go in Boots and buy what I need but the town centre one closed a few months ago and the only other nearby one is on an out of town retail park which is a pain to get to.

I’ve been crocheting, I’ve finished Joe’s blanket and I’m a third of the way through Tom’s now. I love the colours that he’s chosen for it.

Hello Saundra! :D

Have a good day all :)

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Osc » 20 Apr 2024, 12:44

Jo, I agree about the Boots unperfumed hair spray - I used to use the Elnett one which it wasn’t always available, but you can always get the Boots one and it is so reasonably priced.
Osc

Postby JoM » 20 Apr 2024, 13:13

Osc wrote:Jo, I agree about the Boots unperfumed hair spray - I used to use the Elnett one which it wasn’t always available, but you can always get the Boots one and it is so reasonably priced.

I used to get the Elnett one from Amazon but half the time it wasn’t available.
Perfumed hairspray is so overpowering.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby cromwell » 20 Apr 2024, 15:20

Good afternoon.
Sunny-ish here but blinking cold.
In an hour we are off for a drink with some old friends.
Enjoy your time with your grand daughter Cruiser.
Have a lovely day everyone.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Return to Cafe