Good morning Tuesday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Tuesday

Postby Ally » 18 Jun 2024, 06:09

Good morning.

Very hot and sunny. 8-)

A swim then generally pool bound for the day. :lol:

We're going out for dinner tonight with our neighbour as a thank you for a couple of airport runs. :D

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Tuesday

Postby cruiser2 » 18 Jun 2024, 08:11

Good morning Ally and anybody else who is up

It is now 17C but still grey clouds. but no rain.
Next door must have more money than sense. They have had lights on each side of the front door and on the fence on all-night and
they are left on during the day. They also leave a light on in the small bedroom at the front of the house. They both go out to work.

I am oing to Warrington today. Taking some family videos to be transferred onto memory sticks. I cannot do this. Will go by bus.
I don't fancy driving down the M6.

Have a good day everybody.
cruiser2

Postby Kaz » 18 Jun 2024, 08:13

Morning all :)

Taking it easy in that heat sounds sensible, Al xx

Foolish neighbours there, Cruiser! xx

It’s a sunny start here too. Just had a message from Becky, she’s landed in Adelaide where she’ll be au pairing until she gets home in December :) Mick and I are going out for breakfast, then round to see D.

Have a good day everyone xxx
Kaz

Postby JanB » 18 Jun 2024, 08:28

Morning everyone

We have had rain :shock: :o Lots of clouds around, looks like we'll get some more :Hi: Farmers not happy though ;)

Let Molly out at 4.50 and a mozz must have come in, as we got got bitten within half an hour, so went to another bedroom to catch some more sleep. Killed the little bugger just now :Hi:

A day for inside stuff, not sure what we'll be doing xx

A hug for D Kaz xx

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Postby Osc » 18 Jun 2024, 10:08

Morning all, it’s overcast now but due to improve as the day goes on. Edward has gone to play golf. I’ll do the usual tidy around, then walk down to buy fish. I’m expecting a parcel delivery between 12.11 and 13.11, that courier is always so precise! My sister said she would call on her way to collect Kellie from school, she is giving us her power washer, lending me a couple of belts to try with a particular dress and also has some books for me. First I need to hang out some washing, I got up at 6.15am to put it on!
Osc

Postby jenniren » 18 Jun 2024, 10:57

Morning all :D

Dry at the moment, but think rain's forecast.

Becky's definitely getting around over there Kaz. Has she been tempted to stay?

We couldn't make up a big enough order from Tesco yesterday so cancelled it. We'll pop over to the big one in the next hour or so, we don't need much, but it's an opportunity to have a walk.

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby meriad » 18 Jun 2024, 11:11

Good morning all

Ally enjoy the dinner. I always think a meal out is such a lovely way to say thank you.
Cruiser, if the lights are LED's then they'll hardly use any electricity ;-) Good luck with the transfer of the videos
How is D doing Kaz; was she able to visit her friend? Sounds like Becks is having an absolute blast; what an amazing memory for her
Jan, why don't you invest in one (or more) of those plug in mosquito repellents. I always take one with me when I go away - plug it in an hour before going to bed and leave it on all night; they work so well. I was reading in the paper today that wheat prices are due to rise because of the wet weather we've had (here and parts of Europe). Maybe we should start planting rice
Osc, busy day for you - enjoy
Jen, enjoy your morning shopping

Work day for me so nothing exciting to report - have a lovely day all xxx
meriad

Postby cromwell » 18 Jun 2024, 11:32

Morning all.
It was lovely and sunny first thing, but now it's wall to wall clouds, as usual.
My daughter's immediate boss has had a bad blow. Her husband was taking part in a Three Peaks charity walk / run and dropped dead.
It sounds like he shouldn't have been doing it. He'd been ill with Covid but insisted anyway.
This lady has two children, one of whom is refusing to go to school, a very demanding job and now this.
It puts your own troubles into perspective.
A lazy day for us today.
Have a good one everybody.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby Kaz » 18 Jun 2024, 12:43

Oh Crommers that’s dreadful :(

B is really enjoying herself, but is definitely planning to come home in December :)

We offered to take D over to Cheltenham but she wants to wait until her friend is home - not sure why.
Kaz

Postby JanB » 18 Jun 2024, 12:55

meriad wrote:why don't you invest in one (or more) of those plug in mosquito repellents.

We have one, but it makes me cough :roll: :roll:

That's awful Crommers.
JanB

Next

Return to Cafe