Good morning Saturday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Saturday

Postby Ally » 22 Jun 2024, 05:31

Good morning.

Nudging 40° again so after my swim I'll be shading and reading for the rest of the day. :lol:

TV tonight and a Chinese takeaway for dinner. :D

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Saturday

Postby JoM » 22 Jun 2024, 09:07

Morning all :D

It’s sunny and warm.

Had an amazing time last night seeing Green Day, I’m still trying to process hearing the whole of the American Idiot album live :D

John and the lads are heading to South Wales for the day, to see if there’s anything from his Mom’s house that he wants as a keepsake although I very much expect most has already been given away, taken to the charity shop or to the tip by now as his sister is pretty ruthless.

Have a good day all :D
At the centre of the Earth in the parking lot of the 7-11 where I was taught the motto was just a lie
It says "home is where your heart is" but what a shame 'cause everyone's heart doesn't beat the same
It's beating out of time
JoM

Postby JanB » 22 Jun 2024, 09:28

Morning Ally, Jo and everyone

Warm :Hi: :Hi: Looks like our summer has finally arrived :lol:

Watering done and other bits and bobs, hence the late start here. Loading the car and heading down to the bins with all sorts of stuff which somehow accumulates and then a coffee. Back for breakfast.

I'll be weeding in the shade, don't think Grumpy will be doing any strimming.

Tuna salad for dinner, after the footie.

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Postby cruiser2 » 22 Jun 2024, 09:47

Good morning everybody.

We have had rain during the night. 16C when I got up. Still lots of grey clouds with a few small patches of blue.

have been to town as I wanted some veg. There is stall which is now selling Cyrus new potatoes.

Now I am back home I will just be pootling.

Have a good day everybody.
cruiser2

Postby Osc » 22 Jun 2024, 10:04

Morning all, it’s a good one - the sun is shining, it is getting warmer AND I’ve just had an email from Aer Lingus saying that they are refunding the full cost of our Barcelona flights with them. We were a bit concerned that they might quibble about the return leg on July 7th but thankfully not. The pilots have now given notice of an 8 hour strike next Saturday so the situation is not improving at the moment. I’m having a pedicure this morning, haven’t had one for ages so I’m looking forward to that. Kellie arrives this evening to stay for two nights - Miss Osc and SIL are going away for one night tomorrow night, so we said we would take her for the two nights to give them a break on their own, with Michael being away also. I was chatting with him last night on WhatsApp, he seems to be having a great time. Kellie went with her Mum and Dad to see Pink last night so I’m sure we’ll hear all about it!
Osc

Postby cromwell » 22 Jun 2024, 10:12

Morning all.
Not a bad one either.
Not much doing today. We've been for the papers so I'll be wrestling with the Telegraph crossword at some point.
We have some nice Nemesia in a pot, lovely red and yellow flowers. The seem to be hardy too.
The salix is looking nice, if a bit lop sided.
Jo, I has John's sister's ruthlessness doesn't cause any issues.
When mum passed away my brother and his wife threw a lot of stuff out which had sentimental value, and it did cause a tense undercurrent for a while.
Have a nice day everyone.

ps Kaz, I hope your friend's daughter is improving.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby saundra » 22 Jun 2024, 11:01

Morning all it's grey cloudy here but warm nice surprise this morning from Iceland i tried to do a delivery?Wednesday and there website was down so they went me an email and £5-00 of next shop I liked my asda delivery but don't like door step delivery Iceland is in,carriers which i use for rubbish
Hope john gets some thing from his mum's that he will treasure jo glad you survived last night
Take care everyone
saundra

Postby jenniren » 22 Jun 2024, 11:32

Morning all :D

Lovely sunshine first thing, but just had rain, think it's going to be one of those days :?

Not sure what we're doing today, I was thinking of having a walk, but Ed's done the bed change so the sheets are in the wash. Tbh we really should tackle the garden, we did get out in the back yesterday and it looks much better, but the front is looking very untidy. Now it's rained not sure anything will get done :lol:

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby Kaz » 22 Jun 2024, 13:52

Afternoon everyone :)

Ally, Jan, take care in the heat xxx

So glad you enjoyed the concert Jo, and I hope J finds something memorable to keep xx

Enjoy your pooling Vruiser xx

Osc, is the holiday off, have I missed something? I do hope not :( xx

Crommers, she is holding her own, and more “with it” so hopefully…..:!: xx

Nice to get money off, Saundra :D xx

No point gardening when the ground is wet Jen ;) xx

It’s a bright day here, but a bit chillier. We’ve been to Corretto’s for breakfast then walked his lordship round the Dock basin - nice in the sun, but chilly in the deep shade behind the warehouse flats. Round at D’s now, but going home shortly. We didn’t FaceTime B this morning as she’s on a road trip with E and little H, her new charge - they’re visiting E’s family. Probably we’ll FaceTime tomorrow.

Have a good day everyone xxx
Kaz

Return to Cafe