Good morning Sunday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Sunday

Postby Ally » 23 Jun 2024, 05:56

Good morning.

Up towards 40° again so after my swim it's operation pool to keep cool. :lol: 8-)

We'll wander out tonight down to the feria where I can indulge in my love of fairground rides. :lol:

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Sunday

Postby JanB » 23 Jun 2024, 07:27

Morning Ally, morning everyone

Pleasantly cool with a breeze this morning, but warming up nicely later.

Ironing for me, early this morning, before it gets too hot and a bit of weeding. Then stay inside, in the cool.

Enjoy the feria Ally, we had our Marches Popular the other day, brilliant costumes as always :D

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Postby cruiser2 » 23 Jun 2024, 09:25

Good morningeverybody.

A col19C this morning, We have had more rain and there are grey clouds.

Like JanB I will be ironing. I did the ashing yesterday and it has dried overnight.

Ally, be careful on the fairground rides. You may have seen there have been two badaccidents recently in the UK involvig fairground rides.

Have a good day everyboy.
cruiser2

Postby Osc » 23 Jun 2024, 10:15

Morning all, cloudy here with some hazy sunshine. Kellie slept well and we have had breakfast, she and Edward made pancakes. Having an easy day as she has been busy recently including Friday night when she went to see Pink and didn’t get to bed until 12.30am. I think there is a plan for she and Edward to make cookies and maybe we’ll take a stroll down to the harbour for ice cream at some stage. She also brought her bracelet making kit so maybe we will get new ones to replace our plaited wool ones she made for us as they are getting a bit tatty.
Osc

Postby cromwell » 23 Jun 2024, 11:02

Good morning.
A nice one too, cloudy but plenty of sun breaking through. Nice and warm.
Fairground rides! We used to get a fair come round to our village, and a big one on Heath Common at Easter.
When I briefly lived in London they used to have a really big one on Hampstead Heath, too.
My favourite used to be the cocks and hens ride. I was never too keen on the waltzers, I can still hear the girls screaming as the fairground lads spun them round!
A family Sunday dinner looms, after that we'll watch the footie.
Have a lovely day everyone.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby jenniren » 23 Jun 2024, 12:03

Morning all :D

Bright sinshine 8-)

I have lovely childhood memories of Dreamland Margate back in the 50's. It had fallen into disrepair well before we came to live down here, but reopened a few years ago. Couldn't resist going for a look, it's not anywhere near as exciting as it was in it's heyday, but it''s nice to see it open. There are rides but not as many, it's now a big venue for concerts and they do get some big names.

It rained on and off all day yesterday so no gardening. Plannng to get out there today.

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby Kaz » 23 Jun 2024, 18:42

Evening everyone :)

Been out and/or busy all day. Up early to FaceTime with B, who is settling into her new job very nicely :) Brunch at Portivo's, then round to see D. Got home and hung my washing out - it dried quickly as it's a very warm day :) Had friends round for a cuppa and some cake this afternoon. I made omelettes for dinner, I bought some beautiful free-range eggs up at a farm shop so decided to use them up - too hot for a roast. We had salad with them. The ironing can wait for another day, it's too warm, and I'm getting tired now, as Fraggle was a bit restless last night.

We lived very near to Thorpe Park, for a few years, so bought annual passes for us and the kids. I'm a terrible wuss on roller coasters, so would mostly watch while Mick went on with B and H :oops: :lol:

Love to all :) xxx
Kaz

Postby JoM » 23 Jun 2024, 19:21

Good evening all, it’s been a warm and sunny day.

Had a couple of orders to collect, I’d selected tomorrow for delivery but they’d arrived in the stores early so we collected them this morning. While I collected the order from the M&S food store John collected the bag of Bill’s food which I'd ordered from Pets At Home which is a few units along. It was then over to Aldi on the other side of the retail park for food for a barbecue lunch. Tom stayed last night so I thought it’d make a nice change for the four of us.

I’ve napped this afternoon, like you Kaz I didn’t get a good sleep last night. Bill was taking up much of the bed (I swear he doubled in size) and ordinarily I’d have gone across to the spare room but Tom was occupying it so I didn’t have that option :lol: Then I had to be up at 5.45 to feed him and give him his insulin, did that and went back to bed thinking I could get a lie in but at 7.30 I was nudged by his cold wet nose as he wanted to go out in the garden so I gave up :lol:

Not much planned for tonight apart from watching Green Day’s performance live from the Isle Of Wight Festival, think that’s on at 9.

Kaz, I’m the opposite. I love roller coasters. John’s always been the bag holder here along with Tom, although Tom will go on gentler ones but draws the line at anything which loops :lol: When we went to Florida Joe was thankfully just tall enough to come on them with me :D
At the centre of the Earth in the parking lot of the 7-11 where I was taught the motto was just a lie
It says "home is where your heart is" but what a shame 'cause everyone's heart doesn't beat the same
It's beating out of time
JoM

Postby JanB » 23 Jun 2024, 20:20

well, I did bugger all :shock: :lol: :Hi:

Didn-t even get in the pool, my back is a little sore, no idea why, so gave that a miss.

But we have plans..............
JanB

Return to Cafe