Shoes for men...

A board for news and views on what's happening in the world

Shoes for men...

Postby Workingman » 28 Jun 2024, 19:50

OK, trainers, if you must.

Nike profits have gone down 10% and it's market value fell $15bn.

It's not surprising given their price. Adult sizes are way over £120 for something that will not last - there might be a pun in there somewhere. :D People are paying for a "Name" not quality or style. Very few people "train" or "run" in them, they are daywear and there are alternatives.

I am 71 and I wear trainers in the summer because they are light and comfortable... and I'm in shorts - shoes do not look right, a bit like sandals and socks! :roll: I prefer the fit of Adidas or Puma; and the price. In winter I wear shoes. I have three pairs of Doc Martens shoes of varying age and colours and a pair of boots, they will last forever, a bonus is that they are non-slip on icy pavements and snow. I got my DM boots when I was in the RAF so they must be well over 40 years old and they are still going strong. However, like Trigger's broom, I have had to replace the laces a few times. ;) :lol:
Workingman

Re: Shoes for men...

Postby medsec222 » 28 Jun 2024, 20:24

My other half wears Sketchers trainers all the time. Black in the winter and grey or navy in the summer. He is an 8.5 and Sketchers fit him properly. He has a pair of black leather shoes which he has had for over 20 years. They were expensive at the time but they have lasted well. He wears them for funerals now.
medsec222

Postby jenniren » 28 Jun 2024, 20:47

Both Ed and I swear by Skechers.
jenniren

Postby Workingman » 28 Jun 2024, 22:17

The Skechers I owned had me slipping and sliding all over the place when going into shops and supermarkets after a shower of rain, so they had to go. They were very comfortable, though, I admit that. I believe they now do slip resistance ones, but I moved on.
Workingman

Postby jenniren » 28 Jun 2024, 23:19

They definitely don't slip and slide these days WM, with our various ops we wear them because they give great stability as well as comfort.
jenniren

Postby JoM » 29 Jun 2024, 01:28

I’m quite amazed that Nike’s profits are down with the amount of trainers that Joe buys from them. Almost monthly he has a pair delivered, in fact some have arrived today. He does a lot of running, but you’re right Frank, he doesn’t wear Nikes for that. They’re just a fashion shoe. Saucony are his current trainers of choice for running.

John likes suede Adidas.
At the centre of the Earth in the parking lot of the 7-11 where I was taught the motto was just a lie
It says "home is where your heart is" but what a shame 'cause everyone's heart doesn't beat the same
It's beating out of time
JoM

Postby Workingman » 29 Jun 2024, 02:18

JoM wrote:John likes suede Adidas.

Me too. :D
Workingman

Postby Kaz » 29 Jun 2024, 09:05

I have two pairs of Skechers, they're extremely light and comfortable. Mick has a pair too, he's getting a lot of wear out of them.

We're fortunate to have a Skechers Outlet shop here, in the Quays.

I'm doing the Race For Life tomorrow in mine - more like the Hobble For Life, as I have a painful toe, but I'm committed to it now :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kaz

Postby Suff » 30 Jun 2024, 00:26

I stopped wearing trainers long ago. Since December I rarely wear anything other than lined croks designed for working in the garden as I tore someting in my left foot and it refused to heal.

I wear shoes or boots these days, not trainers. Mainly because I mostly wear slip ons and that is not a trainer style.
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Return to News and Current Affairs