Good morning Thursday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Thursday

Postby Ally » 12 Sep 2024, 06:04

Good morning from beautiful Nerja. 8-)

After a mooch shopping we'll have breakfast. No doubt bacon and eggs will feature. :lol:

We're going to the beach this afternoon and I'll have a swim in the sea. If I take a wrong turning I might be posting from Africa tomorrow. :lol: :lol:

My choice of restaurant for dinner tonight so it's a lovely little Italian place we've become very fond of. :D

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Thursday

Postby cruiser2 » 12 Sep 2024, 08:15

Good morning Ally and anybody else who is up.

It is only 15C and raining. But the sun is trying to come out so it may get warmer.
Am going to finish the ironing this morning. Did some last night.
I had day at the Trafford Centre. Went by bus. Bought a cardigan in M & S. Went inJohn Lewis which is at the other end of the Mall,
a distance of about quarter of a mile. Lots of mums with young babies in push chairs.
Had lunch in M & S. You have to order on a screen and are then given a large token so the waitress can find you when you have
sat down. Will not be going there again.
Ally, I though migrants come from Africa to Spain.
JanB Good to hear Grumpy is OK. But it seems the norm for hospitals to get bigger. Here they have taken part of the car park to
build a new unit. So there is less car parking space which was already at a premium.
Done the same thing at Preston.
Have a good day everybody.
cruiser2

Postby JanB » 12 Sep 2024, 08:40

Morning Ally, Cruiser and everyone

Blowy this morning, so feels quite cool out there. Should be 33C later 8-)

Washing out and we're going to have a quiet day. No doubt we'll have picked some germ or other up, as a lot of coughing and sneezing was going on yesterday. And we're not used to seeing so many people in one place :lol: The train station was six deep :shock:

Need to make a couple of phone calls, one to sort out transport for his op - ambulance car there and back, thanks to the government :Hi:

Meeting friends down at the bar this afternoon, looking forward to a relax :D

Cruiser, this hospital is a dedicated oncology one and was a very impressive old building, with plenty of parking. Very high tech too. Enter your utente number on this screen, out comes a ticket and you wait to be called in.

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Postby Kaz » 12 Sep 2024, 08:46

Morning all :)

Ally, don’t swim too far :lol: ;) xx

Cruiser, glad you had a successful shopping trip. The Trafford Centre is huge, isn’t it? I was there last year with my sister, daughter and niece xx

Enjoy your quiet day Jan xx

It’s sunny here, but a bit chilly! Back to normal today, and am quite glad of it. Shopping at Tesco this morning with D, Mick’s driving, and we’ll probably have a cuppa in the cafe afterwards. I have a ton of ironing to do later, and it’s back to Pilates tonight after the summer break. I’ll be stiff as a board - every summer I promise myself that I will do some at home, to keep supple, but I never do! :? :roll: :lol: :lol:

Have a good day everyone :) xx
Kaz

Postby jenniren » 12 Sep 2024, 11:22

Morning all :D

Bright and sunny, but a tad chilly

We've decided to cut back on our Tesco deliveries, obviously we will still have all the heavy stuff delivered, but we'll do more shopping ourselves. Not because we particularly enjoy it, but it does get us out whatever the weather and that has to be a good thing. Too easy to look out of the window and stay indoors. We will continue with Sainsbury's orders, not as many, but although they sell things we like better than elsewhere, it's our least favourite store to shop in. Lockdown and all the subsequent ops made us a bit lazy, time to do more, would hate to end up like my Aunt & Uncle who became housebound for over 7yrs.

With that in mind we're off to the large Tesco in the next hour or so. It's huge, getting round more than qualifies for a good walk :lol:

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby cromwell » 12 Sep 2024, 13:13

Good afternoon.
Warm sun and clouds after a cold start.
Have a good relaxing day after yesterday Jan!
Cruiser, car parking at our hospital in Wakefield is terrible.
Enjoy your trot around Tesco Jen!
We've had a busy morning.
Oer to our son's house to dismantle an old bike and take it to the tip, along with an old mirror and a few other bits and bats.
The bike weighed a ton! It had a massive central tube in the frame.
Then over to Jim's. He's fallen over again, cut his head and been taken to hospital.
I don't know how long he can keep on living independently. He's paranoid about the carers stealing his money (they never have) so he hides it, and then can't remember where he put it. He also seems to be getting very confused.
Our lovely neighbour Judith is off to Tenerife today, I'm not jealous - much.
Have a nice day everyone.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby JoM » 12 Sep 2024, 14:14

Afternoon all, it’s much cooler again but so far we’ve avoided any rain. It’s very breezy too.

I’ve been into Stafford this morning. I was on the look out for a vase or something for on the windowsill in the downstairs living room, I couldn’t have anything there when Bill was around as he often had his paws up on the windowsill and anything on there landed on the floor! A vase caught my eye in M&S in Birmingham last week, it was much too big (having the shutters means the sill is quite narrow) but really unusual and I was in two minds as to whether to buy it anyway, but it was ceramic and really heavy for carrying back to New St and then home, plus I couldn’t think where it’d go anyway….but I’ve had non-buyer’s remorse ever since so did a click and collect :lol: It was indeed very heavy for carrying back to the bus today :P
I picked us up some olive bread rolls for our lunch for the bakery in M&S, they’re lovely.

Joe was home when I got back, his flight from Copenhagen landed in Birmingham at 9am so he’d had a very early start today but since getting home has been for a 5 mile run, come home and got changed again and is now at the gym.

I’ve got nothing planned for this afternoon apart from hoovering and doing the shopping order for tomorrow.
Jen, I’ve been in two minds about stopping the Tesco delivery because I’m fed up of short dated items being sent and two weeks running the milk had leaked in the crates so I end up going instore anyway. I’ve looked at other supermarkets though and can’t really see equivalent items to what we like from Tesco.
I’d shop instore and choose items with longer dates etc but John detests supermarket shopping and I’d need him for the car so it’s easier to shop online.

Crommers, I hope Jim is ok. What a worry for you all x
JoM

Postby Osc » 12 Sep 2024, 16:05

I could have sworn I posted this morning :shock: Anyway - we went to dance practice, I took it easy dance wise as the knee still feels a bit odd. Then back in time for Kellie. Kellie and I are being collected at 4.45 by Miss Osc as we are going for a girl’s evening out, food and going to see Wicked, as an early birthday present for me - collecting my sister on the way. Better go and get ready!
Osc

Return to Cafe