Good morning Tuesday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Tuesday

Postby Ally » 24 Sep 2024, 06:04

Good morning.

Sunny and forecast 30°. 8-)

I'll have my swim first then get ready as we're going into Malaga to meet up with Don's cousin who is over from Ireland. :D

We'll have a day being tourists with Eileen and her husband and they've requested a visit to el pimpi so we booked a table for 9pm. :D

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Tuesday

Postby JanB » 24 Sep 2024, 07:54

Morning Ally, morning everyone

Some sun, some cloud and some mist :roll:

Have a lovely time Ally :D

I've got that ironing pile to do today. I felt absolutely rubbish yesterday, after breakfast, some sort of reaction to whatever it was I had eaten, so spent most of the day lying down and visiting the bathroom :roll:

Also need to get in touch with Fatima, to sort out this voucher thing.

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Postby cruiser2 » 24 Sep 2024, 08:14

Good morning Ally & JanB and anybody else who is up.

Itis only 16c with grey clouds but no rain yet. Am going to the bank and some shopping. Back home i will just be pootling.

JanB, I hope you have recovered. I am getting good at ironing.

Have a good day everybody
cruiser2

Postby Osc » 24 Sep 2024, 10:32

Morning all, it’s a pleasant day here, I have the bedding out on the line, I left it out overnight as there was no rain forecast. Today’s main task is cleaning the bathrooms, then whatever else occurs to me. Edward is not playing golf today and has put on a big pot of apples so he can make me apple jelly. Miss Osc has a few apple trees and we do well from them.
Osc

Postby jenniren » 24 Sep 2024, 10:38

Morning all :D

Rain overnight, dull and cloudy now :roll:

We're off to Westwood Cross, our phone contracts are up for renewal and we don't need to upgrade so we've decided to move to a sim only contract. Not just that, but we'll be moving provider. The cheapest sim with 02 is £15 each per month, but Tesco are doing a deal for £9 with even more data. Between us that's a saving of £144 a year. They use the 02 network so it makes sense to move, oh and we also earn club card points.

With the proposed increases in heating bills I'm on a mission to save money where I can. I've also downgraded the delivery saver for both Sainsbury's and Tesco. Between them it was £160 a year, but now it will be £80 so a 50% saving. It does mean we can't have deliveries at weekends, but we rarely do that anyway and tbh it's better for us to be out and about more often.

We'll also pop into M&S, need veg, bananas and a few other bits.

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby cromwell » 24 Sep 2024, 12:27

Good afternoon.
Not a bad morning here. We have walked Dobby the dog and taken him home.
Later on we are picking Eliza up from school. She has been very unsettled recently, we're hoping it's just a phase that she is going through.
MrsC is baking some buns for her and Eliza to decorate later.
Have a nice day everyone.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby Workingman » 24 Sep 2024, 12:52

Afternoon everyone, hope all is well for you all.

Just been to the supermarket and there in the road was a man in a hole digging for al he was worth. On the way back I could see in from the driver's side and it was filling with water. The man had put some waders on and was leaning on his shovel looking into it. ;) :lol:

Now stuck in waiting for a delivery sometime when. The tracker says that it is on the van and I am number four, whatever that means time wise.
Workingman

Postby Kaz » 24 Sep 2024, 14:00

Afternoon everyone :)

Counting down the hours until B is home - she’s already in the air, on the first leg of the journey :) We’re collecting her from Heathrow tomorrow afternoon :D

We’ve been out for breakfast, then walked Fraggs round the dock basin, as it’s finally stopped raining! Round at D’s now. I opened the skylight in B’s room just to air it, put fresh bedding on, and dusted, so it’s all ready for her. Must remember to close the skylight before the rain starts again - it is forecast :roll:

Love to all xxx
Kaz

Postby Kaz » 24 Sep 2024, 14:02

Workingman wrote:Afternoon everyone, hope all is well for you all.

Just been to the supermarket and there in the road was a man in a hole digging for al he was worth. On the way back I could see in from the driver's side and it was filling with water. The man had put some waders on and was leaning on his shovel looking into it. ;) .

Frank, I’ve got that old Bernard Cribbins song in my head now :P :lol:
Kaz

Postby saundra » 24 Sep 2024, 14:06

Kaz I bet you are beyond excited have you told fraggle yet safe journey tomorrow xx
saundra

Next

Return to Cafe