Good morning Friday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Re: Good morning Friday

Postby jenniren » 27 Sep 2024, 17:30

Dentist went well, well for me anyway lol Poor Ed needs two crowns so he's booked in to get that started next week. It will cost just over £300, thank goodness we're NHS patients, goodness knows how much it would cost if we were private.

saundra wrote:We have one dentist now here if you can get on his patent list there is a 5 year wait for an appointment when new people come to live here they are advised to keep there dentist so some go to there dentist in Sheffield Leeds even Scotland disgraceful to say the least

We've been here 10yrs now Saundra and the waiting list for our dentist was 9mths, but it's dreadful now. Finding one who takes NHS patients is almost impossible. Our dental surgery does, but I think the wait is well over 2yrs these days. I don't like to think what it costs if you have an emergency :?
jenniren

Re: Good morning Friday

Postby JoM » 27 Sep 2024, 21:13

Jen, I hope it all goes smoothly for Ed.

We’ve thankfully got an NHS dentist too. I’ve been going there for 33 years now although it’s changed hands in that time. We lived nearby when we first moved in together and I stayed with them after we moved even though it was easy to get a dentist back then. I registered the lads there when they were born too and they both still go there. Tom’s now nearly an hour away but he’s staying put rather than having to go private near to his home.

They were absolutely brilliant last year when I had an abscess. I was seen within an hour of calling for an emergency appointment on two occasions within the same week.
Tom woke on Monday morning with a swelling on his gum and was seen the same day too.

John goes to a different surgery but he’s also NHS.
JoM

Previous

Return to Cafe