After a swim it's a day reading and lazing by the pool. :D

SCD tonight and a Chinese takeaway. :D

Have a great day.

How's Chris doing Kaz? xx
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Saturday

Postby JoM » 28 Sep 2024, 08:05

Morning all, it’s sunny although quite cool.

Tom’s coming over at some point today, I think he’s staying tonight so we’ll probably walk down the lane to the pub. Stir fry for tea and I’ve just made the ginger biscuit base for a lemon cheesecake.

Not sure what else we’ll get up to today, John’s off to Park Run with Ann Marie from over the road shortly. Another neighbour usually goes too but he can’t make it this week.

Have a good day all :)
JoM

Postby cruiser2 » 28 Sep 2024, 08:21

Good morning Ally & Jom.

It is only 14C but sunny so may get warmer. Am going out for some shopping. Then it will just be pootling.

A neighbour came round yesterday tea time. her husband was taken to hospital on Thursday morning with a suspect heart attack.
She doesn't drive. So I have offered to take her to the hospital.
They are going to do some more tests this morning. Their daughter who is a teacher in Manchester is coming today.

Have a good day everybody.
cruiser2

Postby JanB » 28 Sep 2024, 08:34

Morning everyone

Lovely and sunny, but rather cool this morning. Up to 27C later and we're in for a lovely, warm week.

Junior had a couple of apples this morning. I was a little late, as I'd been checking stuff for when we're away, so he rather loudly let me know he was waiting by the fence :lol:

It's 19 years today that we moved to Portugal :Hi: :Hi: Out for lunch to celebrate, with a load of friends. will be a long afternoon, I think :lol:

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Postby Osc » 28 Sep 2024, 10:37

Morning all, it’s sun and cloud here and just under 10 degrees at the moment. We’ll be heading off to Carlow around midday for the ball tonight and staying till tomorrow. The forecast for tomorrow is pretty awful so it won’t be a fun drive home :shock: Looking forward to an evening of dancing and plenty of craic with friends.
Osc

Postby jenniren » 28 Sep 2024, 11:16

Morning all :D

Nice and sunny, but definitely a tad chilly.

We were up early to do a trolley dash at M&S, even managed to get some C*******s bits to pop in the freezer. I know it's early, but I usually start around this time of year, makes it less hassle nearer the time.

Just as well we ordered new specs, Ed's managed to break his only pair!! We've managed to use sticky tape to hold them together till Monday, but if they can't be repaired we'll have to order another pair for him as a back up. What with that and his proposed new crowns I might have to trade him in for a younger model.........oops just remembered, he is the younger model :lol: :lol:

Bed change today, the sheets are in the washing machine. Looking forward to Strictly this evening.

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby cromwell » 28 Sep 2024, 15:13

Good afternoon.
I could have sworn I posted yesterday. I'm losing it. :)
MrsC went to the funeral of a relative yesterday. The Church was packed out. The deceased had lived in the village all his life. After coming out of the RAf (national service) he'd ended up in the motor trade, and finished up as the MD of a West Yorks firm. Everyone knew him, and he knew everyone.
It's getting very autumnal here now; there is a definite chill in the air.
Enjoy your afternoon Jan!
We have nothing in for tea, we might get some fish and chips; it's been months since we had some.
Have a good day everyone.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby JoM » 28 Sep 2024, 15:54

cromwell wrote:We have nothing in for tea, we might get some fish and chips; it's been months since we had some.

Blimey Crommers, have you won the lottery? :shock:

Paid over £30 for mini fish and chips for three of us near Tom’s recently.
JoM

Postby saundra » 28 Sep 2024, 16:18

JoM wrote:
cromwell wrote:We have nothing in for tea, we might get some fish and chips; it's been months since we had some.

Blimey Crommers, have you won the lottery? :shock:

Paid over £30 for mini fish and chips for three of us near Tom’s recently.
? Let's all go to crommers for tea then I just fancy fish and chips so expensive tho
saundra

Postby Kaz » 28 Sep 2024, 16:55

Afternoon everyone :)

Yesterday's funeral went as well as these things can, a humanist celebrant took the service, and lots of nice memories were evoked. There was a wake afterwards at my cousin's house - we only intended to stay a couple of hours, but in the end it was 8.30 before we came away. Too much catching up to do! We didn't get home until after 11pm though, as the road from Swindon to Gloucester was closed - again :cute: - so we had to come through the back roads via Purton and Cirencester! Lots of twisty, dark country roads :roll: It was a very long day :?

Today has been a lot quieter! Out for breakfast, round to D's then home.

Al, he's doing really well, thanks for asking :) xxx
Kaz

Return to Cafe