Snow!!!!!!(updated)

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Re: Snow!!!!!!(updated)

Postby Kaz » 05 Dec 2012, 16:50

Oooer whoever has it can keep it!!!! :P :roll:

Ally I can't say for sure, but Mick isn't home yet so the meeting must have gone ahead :lol: He lives by Loch Lomond, the lucky man............................. 8-) 8-)

Very cold here now - I walked into town well bundled up but still chilly :shock: :lol: I wouldn't be surprised if we got some later.......................
Kaz

Postby Kaz » 05 Dec 2012, 16:54

Oh he's just walked through the door, they cut the meeting short to let people get home ok! G got down from Glasgow ok then hired a car at Gatwick and got there rght on time - it was the trains from London for some of the other guys that was the nuisance :roll:
Kaz

Postby debih » 05 Dec 2012, 19:11

Normally I love the snow but at the moment I could do without it as it would make getting Millie to the vets an absolute nightmare.

So you can keep it to yourselves for now.
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
debih

Postby Teaspoon » 05 Dec 2012, 19:15

We had somewhere in between Saundra and Lissie this morning. It's mostly gone now although it's been cold all day and due to freeze tonight.

I can understand how you don't want snow Debih!
Teaspoon

Postby Suff » 06 Dec 2012, 20:25

I have to drive 500 miles home tomorrow and then 350 miles to Voreppe in France on Monday. It's been snowing on and off here for days but nothing really settling as it keeps raining during the day. I'm sure snow would make my journey a lot more interesting. But a huge amount slower.... Although it might keep some off the roads which would be good.
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Postby Suff » 07 Dec 2012, 13:24

It is now bucketing down with snow, the temp is -2 and forecast to drop to -12 tomorrow. Just as well I'm leaving.

It seems the snow is tracking well over to the west so I'm going to have an interesting drive. I wanted to get away at 2pm today but it's looking much more like 5pm the way my work is going today.

I'll tell you how it went on Monday evening unless I get a block of time over the weekend. But I'll be rebuilding the kitchen this weekend so I doubt I'll have much time...
Suff

Postby saundra » 07 Dec 2012, 14:06

drive carefully suff
and everybody else who has to go out
our snow/ice has gone
relaced by rain bitter cold
saundra

Postby Ally » 07 Dec 2012, 14:10

Just spoke to mum.

They had snow. :o
The rain's washed it away now. :o
Mum says it's so cold it would take the face off you! :o
Ally
Site Admin

Postby Suff » 11 Dec 2012, 04:47

On Friday I had to drive through about 200 miles of snowy roads. The main issue was the people driving at 30mph on the motorway, forcing everyone else to either slow down or get out into the outside lane which they don't like to do. In the end I got past them all and onto drier roads for the drive home. Still it added about an hour to my journey.

Yesterday morning I drove from home to Voreppe. I went via AutoRoute and south about, Limoges, Clermond Ferrand. Clermond was pretty snowy and on the way in I had about 50 miles of snowy ground. The biggest issue, again, was everyone stacking up in the inside lane. I had to pass every gritter first before the French would pass it behind me. Coming out of Clermond was difficult. It's quite a climb and there was lots of slush and snow in the outside lane. However when I finally got past the last queue of traffic which was trailling behind the gritter, I had a fairly easy run out onto dry firm roads.

Then, being later than expected, I got zapped by a speed camera about 15 miles from work... I don't think they got much on that one, it was drifting snow flakes and my car was throwing up a storm of water behind me. We shall see, but I've never had a ticket from the French before.

I may fly this weekend (not booked yet) and then I'll drive home on the 21st for Christmas. Looking at the weather it's due to move to warmer weather with rain by then. We shall see.

Anon
Suff

Postby saundra » 11 Dec 2012, 09:25

glad all is ok suff
we were forcast artic weather here this week
hasent arrived
typical forecasters never very reliable
saundra

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe