Christmas Day plans

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Christmas Day plans

Postby tonicha » 08 Dec 2012, 19:40

Being a nosy ole so and so ;) what are you doing for Christmas Day? What plans for lunch?

We've decided to have prawns and cut up chicken breasts cooked on the hot stone, with other bits and bons (to be decided, apart from a chilli dip for the prawns)

A walk down to the beach, then a pit-stop for coffee and brandy, home and then munch :P

We may have a friend coming over, not sure yet. But we also have a bottle of wine from 2003 to get rid of.

Can't have too much, as have to see the surgeon on 27 December ;)
tonicha

Re: Christmas Day plans

Postby debih » 08 Dec 2012, 19:50

We have a pretty quiet Christmas Day - just the four of us. We do the big lunch on Christmas Eve at my mums.

We are usually up pretty early to open presents and then Mick makes bacon butties (which I wash down with Bucks Fizz). Mick always goes for a drink and for the past couple of years the girls and I have gone with him. I'm not that bothered about going but the girls love it as loads of their friends are there (the pub is always heaving on Christmas Day, full of locals).

Then we will wander home and have something that I will have prepared the day before - a lasagne, a casserole - that sort of thing. I don't see the point in doing a massive dinner with all the trimmings for just the four of us, particularly when the girls would much prefer to just scoff chocolate all day. And it means that I don't have to spend very much time cooking - just putting something in the oven to warm up.

I usually take the dog out for a run on the moors whilst Mick does the pots and then we chill out in front of the tv for the afternoon.

Once the girls are in bed, we get the cheese and crackers out and wash it down with Baileys.
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
debih

Postby miasmum » 08 Dec 2012, 20:05

We have Tim's mum and dad round, we used to have his grandma and his uncle but they have sadly died, my mum (ditto) his brother and his wife and the kids, but they are now divorced, so it has gotten smaller every year.

Can't say I look forward to it. Tim puts his heart and soul into the dinner, Luke usually refuses to eat, his dad eats as quick as he can and then goes to sit with Luke, his mum is itching to tidy away as soon as we have finished. It is just hard work and I dread it sadly :|
miasmum

Postby Ally » 08 Dec 2012, 20:12

I'll be up with the lark. :P :P

Bacon sandwiches on the terrace. 8-)

Open the presents. :P

Don and I will go to the coast for a walk. :D

Back for Christmas dinner..chicken this year..and then sprawl on the sofa eating, reading, eating and eating. :D :D

The boys will go to their girlfriend's houses early evening. :D

I'm a tad excited this year..more so than usual. :P :P :P :P
Ally
Site Admin

Postby Kaz » 08 Dec 2012, 20:14

We won't be up nearly as early as on previous Christmas Days - H will be at his dad's until Boxing Day so no ecited early morning delving into Christmas Stockings sat on the end of our bed at 6am :cry: ;) :) We'll all be grown ups - me and Mick, Becks and Chris :)

I expect most of us will emerge at around 9am ish and I'll cook bacon and eggs for those who want it, then we'll unwrap some pressies, then I'll prep veg and wrestle the turkey whilst quaffing lots of Becks Fiz - if they don't keep me supplied then I won't cook dinner! LOL :lol: I cook a beef joint and a small gammon joint on Christmas Eve, so there will be plenty of cold cuts for the next few days as well as giving B some meat for her Christmas dinner as she hates turkey :o

We'll eat around 2pm then watch tv and just chill out, maybe play a board game........................a nice laid back and peaceful day, I hope :) I don't go overboard at teatime - there will be cooked beef and gammon in the fridge for sarnies as well as the cold bird of course - I always make a trifle and there are mincey spies and cake for those who still have any room :shock: :lol:

(((((Shell)))))) xxxx
Kaz

Postby Workingman » 08 Dec 2012, 21:52

Christmas Day is now done on Christmas Eve. :shock:

There will be about a dozen of us round my sister's table from about 8 till 11:30 when those wo do that sort of thing go off to Midnight mass. The rest of us watch TV and stand guard on the drinks. :)

When the other lot get back we do all the presents and then those of us who are staying flop out on sofas or camp beds.

Christmas Day starts with a DIY full English. Mo lays out all the bacon, sausages and stuff in the kitchen and we help ourselves. When we are all fed we either go for a walk or disperse to do other Christmas Day things. :D
Workingman

Postby victor » 08 Dec 2012, 23:18

havent got a clue except we are off to UK on the 21st to stay with youngest son and his wife and gorgeous little grandson who will be 19 months old,havent seen him since May ( well only on Skype.) i know there will 11 of us for lunch!

hoping to take some wine but there are so many toys to go in the cases ,the wine may get left behind.
victor

Postby saundra » 08 Dec 2012, 23:20

miasmum wrote:We have Tim's mum and dad round, we used to have his grandma and his uncle but they have sadly died, my mum (ditto) his brother and his wife and the kids, but they are now divorced, so it has gotten smaller every year.

Can't say I look forward to it. Tim puts his heart and soul into the dinner, Luke usually refuses to eat, his dad eats as quick as he can and then goes to sit with Luke, his mum is itching to tidy away as soon as we have finished. It is just hard work and I dread it sadly :|

shell think you need a few hugs xxxxx
i just think of the good times
so should you it does help and you have had a hard year to cope with xxx
saundra

Postby JoM » 08 Dec 2012, 23:22

We don't get up quite so early now on Christmas Day :D
Once presents are opened I crack on with the dinner, John picks my parents up at 12ish and we eat around 1. After dinner we sit around chatting and watching TV, my parents usually leave around 5pm. After that it's time for a quick tidy up in the kitchen and then I get a carpet picnic ready for us all to eat during Dr Who. The rest of the night we just watch more TV.
This year though we'll have to factor in some dog walks :) ...and the carpet picnic won't be laid out on the floor!

Oh, and I can now look forward to it without any added stress as John's Mom is going to her daughter's in Wales *cue dancing girls*
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
JoM

Postby Kaz » 08 Dec 2012, 23:23

That sounds great vic - have a lovely trip :D

Jo that all sounds lovely - especially the bit about J's mum :) ;) :P
Kaz

Next

Return to Cafe