Christmas Day plans

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Re: Christmas Day plans

Postby Aggers » 08 Dec 2012, 23:39

Our Christmas day will, like any other, start with a walk with the dog.

Then it will be breakfast followed by the opening of presents. :P

We have booked lunch at a posh holel in Meridon (the centre of England). We went somewhere similar last year and really enjoyed it. Our kitchen at home is not big enough for four of us (my wife and I, the dog and a turkey). :lol:

The rest of the day will take care of itself. :P :P :P Yippy :lol:
Aggers

Postby miasmum » 09 Dec 2012, 00:06

Saundra thank you (there is no friend hug smilie but if there were I would give you one )

I am finding it hard this year and will be very pleased when it is all over, but I am glad you are all having lovely days and I am sure mine won't be too bad, after all theres always the wine :D
miasmum

Postby Fugitive » 09 Dec 2012, 09:33

We all miss Mum so much all the time and 'talk' to her every day anyway so on Christmas Day we get the family Christmas DVDs of the past out and play a couple of them and end up sharing tears of laughter and love.

Some of these go back eighteen years and are magical as although we have the images and memories in our heads, to see Mum fretting over the turkey; telling her husband off for drinking too much whiskey and crafty shots of us smuggling him another glass when she isn't looking; to see her helping The Boys as toddlers unwrap presents; to see her laughing; to see her drinking G & Ts and thinking she's keeping count of how many by counting the slices of lemon in her glass and us sneaking a couple of slices out of her glass so she thinks she's had less than she has; to see her having a go playing tennis on the Wi; to see her telling my Daughter she's making the gravy all wrong.

All ingredients for a Happy Christmas Day :D
Fugitive

Postby Ally » 09 Dec 2012, 10:26

miasmum wrote:Saundra thank you (there is no friend hug smilie but if there were I would give you one )

I am finding it hard this year and will be very pleased when it is all over, but I am glad you are all having lovely days and I am sure mine won't be too bad, after all theres always the wine :D

Saundra..you always say such lovely things. Hug smilie here.

Shell (((((((x)))))))

And next year will be bigger and better for you. xx
Ally
Site Admin

Postby miasmum » 09 Dec 2012, 10:33

No next year will be the same Ally, but at least it will be attached to a couple of days off :D
miasmum

Postby Ally » 09 Dec 2012, 10:40

miasmum wrote:No next year will be the same Ally, but at least it will be attached to a couple of days off :D

:P :P :D :D
Ally
Site Admin

Postby victor » 09 Dec 2012, 10:59

cheers Kaz,can you just make sure the heating is on over there please!
victor

Postby Kaz » 09 Dec 2012, 11:26

LOL :oops:
Kaz

Postby pederito1 » 09 Dec 2012, 11:52

Very weather dependent for me I fear, like the family will not be able to make it if there is a lot of snow. :cry: Have contingency for myself though, enough to eat and make sure the generator will start. :D
pederito1

Postby cromwell » 09 Dec 2012, 13:53

We don't have anything definite organised apart from we are having Christmas dinner here. It would be lovely to have C's mum and dad round, and my daughter and her partner, but we will have to see.
Everybody else in the family loves Christmas, I'm the only one who has a touch of the bah humbug! in them.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe