Good morning Monday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Re: Good morning Monday

Postby jenniren » 10 Dec 2012, 10:28

Morning all :)

Bright and sunny here at the moment. Fingers crossed it stays that way as I'm taking mother to the hairdresser at 11.15. Hope she's in a better mood than last time, that was pretty awful and made me realise it might not be possible to take her for much longer. They do have a visiting hairdresser at the CH, but the only time she cut mother's hair she went a bit scissor crazy so it looked dreadful and took ages to grow to a decent length :roll: Oh well we'll see how things go this morning.

Safe journey to debih's Mick, and hope the dentist appointment isn't too traumatic for your Mick kaz. A darkened room sounds just the thing for you kaz :o :lol: :lol:

Oooh I can hear movement upstairs, think Mr.J is just surfacing. Makes a lovely change for him to be the one having a lie in 8-)

Hope you all have a good day :D

jen x
jenniren

Postby saundra » 10 Dec 2012, 10:56

cuppa ready kaz and a kit kat :lol:
iv stripped the bed tidied round up stairs
just going to have my weetabix and 2nd cuppa
hope mike has got on ok at dentist
saundra

Postby Kaz » 10 Dec 2012, 11:04

*Reporting in from the darkened room*

Saundra the cuppa and kit kit are just the thing to wash down my mind altering drugs :? :lol: ;)

Jen I do hope your mum is ok today and her appt goes well ((((((())))))) It's great that MrJ is enjoying his retirement!!!! Here's to many more lie-ins :D :P

M's not back yet, but shouldn't be long now - will pass on the good wishes xxxx
Kaz

Postby tonicha » 10 Dec 2012, 12:05

It's turned our to be a beautiful day and just have the floors to mop - have been a bit whizzy and Grumpy has done all the vacuuming and we have all the doors open :D

Kettle is on and I may just try a marshmallow chocolate thingy with my coffee :P
tonicha

Postby saundra » 10 Dec 2012, 12:31

a marshmellow chocolate thingy sounds yummy
its sleet here /sunshine
just going to do battle with my quilt cover
hate putting them back on
saundra

Postby JoM » 10 Dec 2012, 13:18

Good afternoon all. It's a very bright day with clear blue skies but that makes it so cold, it's very slippery underfoot too - I've slid all the way back from the gym :|
Billy's had his walk on the common, I thought it'd be quite solid over there with this frost but it's a mud bath in places. He's had a good run though so that's all that matters, we'll take him up the Chase tonight too.

Hope Millie is still doing well Deb, and that Mike's appointment wasn't too bad Kaz.

Saundra, there's a stall on the German market in Birmingham which sells the most delicious chocolate and marshmallow goodies, some plain whilst others are flavoured with mint, coffee etc - I'd send you some if they weren't so fragile :)
JoM

Postby saundra » 10 Dec 2012, 13:40

you mean you brought some :o :shock:
saundra

Postby JoM » 10 Dec 2012, 13:46

I did...but I no longer have any left :oops:
But I'm going again with John on Friday night :P
JoM

Postby elusivelaine » 10 Dec 2012, 15:10

Good morning! :? I have survived the first big snowfall of the year. I drove through 3 inches of snow yesterday and
also the icy roads this morning and have survived, so I think I should be OK the rest of the year.... I hope so anyway!
:x

My older sister and her husband flew up from Florida on Saturday to see his uncle just before he died. Looks like I've
got another funeral to go to on Saturday. This has been a really bad year for deaths in our family. I've been to four of
them myself. :o But it seems that everyone in my mom's family is reaching that point so I'll have to get used to it.
The hard part is that my own family will then be next in line...

Just work today and then (driving slowly) home. Happy Monday! :P
"I'd kiss you, but I just washed my hair." - Bette Davis
elusivelaine

Postby Kaz » 10 Dec 2012, 15:50

Hafternoon hall :) Been up to Sainsbury's squandering my Nectar points!!! Got some really good bargains for the freezer mostly meat so I'lll post on Bargain Betty's thread in a moment :P Plus I got some sparkly red tealights for my new star-shaped holders and a big red heart to hang on the door made of little jingly bells that look like cranberries - really lovely but it jingled all the way home :lol: :oops:

Elaine that's so sad, but as you say that time does come along - doesn't make it any easier though, nor does the thought that your own generation is next :| ((((((((((((((E)))))))))))) xxx

Mick's appt went very well, thanks for asking - the filling was painless and the new temporary crown looks great, so he's happy. He even managed the soup I made him at lunchtime :D
Kaz

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe