So annoying

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Re: So annoying

Postby tonicha » 12 Dec 2012, 10:46

Thanks Ally, yes please.

There are various other things we can get, via the computer, but neither of us are technically minded and having wires everywhere is not really the look I'm after, trying the sell the house :lol:

Next thing, it will be channel 4. This happened before and we got a card from sky, via son, and got them back.
tonicha

Postby cruiser2 » 12 Dec 2012, 11:05

Can't you down load them from your computer onto a disc and then watch it on your TV?
cruiser2

Postby pederito1 » 12 Dec 2012, 11:09

Shame, Ton there are some quite interesting programmes on 5 now. It is still available on Astra 28 degrees here but it would not surprise me
if dirty des wanted to scramble it. Afraid it is only on Astra as far as I know and you are certainly on the fringe of the footprint, have you checked the dish is positioned for max signal or maybe tried a booster? lots of interesting channels on Hotbird 13 degrees here which I think has a bigger footprint. :idea:
pederito1

Postby Workingman » 12 Dec 2012, 12:06

Found this Ton.

From the "SES-Astra" Facebook page - "We'd like to respond to your questions relating to the current channel shifts at 28.2 degrees East and the footprint of ASTRA 2F. The UK channels are currently shifted from ASTRA 2B and ASTRA 1N to ASTRA 2F which has been launched recently and is operational now. ASTRA 2F is part of our fleet replacement programme at 28.2 degrees East. The channel transfer is ongoing and will have no implications for viewers in the UK since the TV programs shifted to ASTRA 2F operate on the same frequencies and are broadcast for the UK. TV viewers outside the UK, however, may see an impact as they might no longer be able to receive the channels due to their transfer to a beam with a smaller footprint.

and

these have now migrated to astra 2F
transmitting on 10.964 H SR 22.000 FEC 5/6

and

Astra 2A
28.2E
H
V-PID 2305
A-PID 2306
P-PID 2305

Looks as though you might have to do a rescan, and realignment (if you are not on 28.2), and maybe a software upgrade..

I'll keep looking for other answers.
Workingman

Postby tonicha » 12 Dec 2012, 12:50

Thank you everyone and especially WM xx

We'll have a chat with a couple of peoplein the village who also have dishes and see what if any probelms they're having.

Then we'll just have get Humberto to have a look-see.
tonicha

Postby Ally » 12 Dec 2012, 12:56

allyluvselvis wrote:Ton..I've had some info on this.

Shall I email you the link? xx

I've sent it Ton. xx
Ally
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Cafe