Mario Monti thinks

A board for news and views on what's happening in the world

Mario Monti thinks

Postby Suff » 27 Nov 2012, 19:05

That the UK should Vote on leaving the EU.

Well I'm sorry Mr Monti but the EU is a Union, not a Franco German Axis with "hangers on". Well it's not supposed to be, even if one of the "hangers on" doesn't like the people of the UK questioning the nature and shape of the EU.

In fact, one would say, that the role of a committed member of the EU is a critical role that examines it's fitness for purpose and proposes changes when it is not found to be so....

If and when the UK choose to vote on their membership of the UK will be up to the people and the government of the UK. End of Story.

Mr Monti. You may "Want" the UK to have that vote and leave, but I can assure you that Germany and most of the rest of the net contributors certainly do NOT. As they, unlike Italy, will have to foot the bill of the loss of the UK contributions. Also the UK is the second largest market for EU Goods in the EU. Fully one seventh of the entire EU market for goods.

It's about time people like Monti, who take from the EU but do not contribute, looked to their own "contribution" and shut up. Personally, were I an MEP, I would demand that the original 15 all become net contributors or lose their vote on the council. As dependents, they should have a minor say only in the running of the EU. Don't like it, the message is clear, pay up. For the new 12 I would give them one more decade then the same message. You want to run this organisation then you pay for it.

That's just me though and two fingers in the air to lackeys who like to take but not to contribute....

But that's the EU isn't it....
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Re: Mario Monti thinks

Postby Workingman » 27 Nov 2012, 21:33

What is left of the UK after Scotland goes independent will not get a vote on in/out of Europe. None of the 'main' political parties want want to leave. They would much prefer for us to sit in a corner and sulk... as we have always done. God forbid that we would get stuck in and try to make things work properly... We'd be Germany Mk2.
Workingman

Postby Suff » 28 Nov 2012, 01:33

Workingman wrote:We'd be Germany Mk2.

No we'd be the 5th Reich. We don't have the guilt complex....

However Cameron may not get the choice on this one, or the other parties. As the press focus more and more on the budget, the shenanigans (talking about a 26 budget imposed on the UK) and other goings on. The EU is very rich pickings for an anti EU press, they've never tried before but 3,300 eurocrats getting paid more than Cameron is very rich pickings indeed.

When the press start to turn the spotlight on the EU and keep funneling it to the people, the current anit EU sentiment is going to start to boil and when that happens any party NOT offering some kind of vote to the people will be decimated at the polls.

Interesting times....
Suff

Postby KateLMead » 28 Nov 2012, 16:20

Suff wrote:That the UK should Vote on leaving the EU.

Well I'm sorry Mr Monti but the EU is a Union, not a Franco German Axis with "hangers on". Well it's not supposed to be, even if one of the "hangers on" doesn't like the people of the UK questioning the nature and shape of the EU.

In fact, one would say, that the role of a committed member of the EU is a critical role that examines it's fitness for purpose and proposes changes when it is not found to be so....

If and when the UK choose to vote on their membership of the UK will be up to the people and the government of the UK. End of Story.

Mr Monti. You may "Want" the UK to have that vote and leave, but I can assure you that Germany and most of the rest of the net contributors certainly do NOT. As they, unlike Italy, will have to foot the bill of the loss of the UK contributions. Also the UK is the second largest market for EU Goods in the EU. Fully one seventh of the entire EU market for goods.

It's about time people like Monti, who take from the EU but do not contribute, looked to their own "contribution" and shut up. Personally, were I an MEP, I would demand that the original 15 all become net contributors or lose their vote on the council. As dependents, they should have a minor say only in the running of the EU. Don't like it, the message is clear, pay up. For the new 12 I would give them one more decade then the same message. You want to run this organisation then you pay for it.

That's just me though and two fingers in the air to lackeys who like to take but not to contribute....

But that's the EU isn't it....

Good to see you suff

The rules and regulations forced on us by this quango has all but destroyed this country, we are a small Island now over populated due to the lack of cooperation of the ruddy French regarding immigrants, and the depleting of the Human Rights of the indigenous.
Following learning of the loving couple whose Eastern European foster children were wrenched from thei loving home, "because the couple are UKIP supporters" This outrage has certainly decided where I shall be voting at the next election.. Not Conservative but "UKIP" Out Out Out
KateLMead

Postby Suff » 28 Nov 2012, 18:01

Kate wrote:Following learning of the loving couple whose Eastern European foster children were wrenched from thei loving home, "because the couple are UKIP supporters" This outrage has certainly decided where I shall be voting at the next election.. Not Conservative but "UKIP" Out Out Out

Well, yes, that one has certainly put the fox in the chicken coop in terms of voters sensibilities. If this is seen as an EU edict to muzzle supporters of anti EU groups, the EU is likely to see just how the UK responds to that kind of action.

All we need to do is keep it in the press for another 2 years and the backlash is going to make quite a change in British politics.

Of course this will leave me and Mrs S in a difficult position in terms of where we live and work, however that's not the point and should not change the British voters from their right to protest.
Suff

Postby cromwell » 29 Nov 2012, 13:33

Suff wrote:All we need to do is keep it in the press for another 2 years and the backlash is going to make quite a change in British politics.

I'm sure that Lord Leveson and his merry men will try to ensure that it will be kept out of the press as much as possible.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Return to News and Current Affairs