We're gonna need a bigger dish...

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Re: We're gonna need a bigger dish...

Postby Workingman » 02 Dec 2012, 18:04

I needed new tyres and a mate had a Costco card, so we set off with my two in the back. While we were waiting for the tyres we went to the cafe where Costco used to sell these massive pizzas - 2ft across - for pennies. We bought two for the four of us and found a table.

Gord and I were talking tyres and engines and fuel additives stuff, as blokes do, when this tiny little hand sneaked into our pizza box..... :o
"Oi, you have your own!"
"But dad, (sob) Michael has eaten it all." :shock:

And he had! :roll:

An eleven year old lad simply demolished the biggest pizza I had ever bought, and in record time too! :lol: :lol:

I think hollow legs are a universal boy thing. :)
Workingman

Postby JoM » 02 Dec 2012, 23:18

Three males in this house, Joe's not a big eater but John and Tom certainly are! Both have hollow legs too. Tom's 15 and 5'11, so he's still a growing boy I suppose....
JoM

Postby Diflower » 02 Dec 2012, 23:34

In fairness neither of them is particularly greedy - the pasta wasn't finished - but you do have to remember just how much they need when they're growing like that :D
Diflower

Postby JoM » 02 Dec 2012, 23:39

Well John stopped growing a long time ago but he gets a lot of exercise with his cycling so needs to refuel for that :lol:
JoM

Postby Diflower » 02 Dec 2012, 23:45

Jo I well remember just how much my dad used to eat. He was playing cricket 2 or 3 days plus 1 or 2 evenings a week; he was opening bat and bowled as well, an awful lot of energy.
And that's in the days he was slowing down compared to what he'd done before with other sports! I literally had trouble carrying his plate :D
Diflower

Previous

Return to Cafe