Good morning Thursday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Thursday

Postby Weka » 06 Dec 2012, 03:58

When is this wheel going to end? Toilet won't connect up. Plumber on his way, again. Hot water cylinder is still leaking after his first attempt to fix it.
Had a big thunderstorm through at lunchtime. I was warned by hubby and covered my wine barrels with plants in them with black plastic to stop the rain getting in, making them too heavy to shift on Sunday. Well, i felt like an idiot doing it as it was blazing sunshine, but 2 hours later, my road was flooded due to rain. The thunderstorms also spawned tornados not too far from here I am. my brother who works at police comms phoned to check where me and mum was and told us to stay put, 2 dead, a dozen more injured. :? Plumber had a few emergencies to deal with, so I'm very grateful he is coming back this afternoon!
The northwestern motorway is closed at the moment, and civil defence has taken over.
We have had a tornado across the front of this house before, about 2002 I think it was, so i was a bit worried with them being in the area.

But on a positive note, hopefully our new house is undamaged, we get the keys tomorrow. The trailer is loaded with pot plants ready to go, and I just risked the weather and bought more cooking pots. only got 2 to get now. :D
Everything happens for a reason
Weka

Re: Good morning Thursday

Postby Ally » 06 Dec 2012, 08:28

Good morning Weka

Beautiful blue sky and a lovely sunrise. 8-)

I didn't go for my long run yesterday as c.b.a. crept in due to the delight of being in my own home. :lol: :lol:

So the trainers are on now and I'll go in an hour after my cuppa. :D :D

It's Constitution Day so a national holiday. :D

I done all the ironing yesterday so shall today be mostly doing.....nothing!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Reading and relaxing. :D

Good luck with the keys Weka.

Enjoy the day everyone. x
Ally
Site Admin

Postby debih » 06 Dec 2012, 08:54

Morning all. Brrrr its really cold here this morning and pretty icy by the look of it. I haven't ventured out yet - its strange not having to do my usual romp across the moor with the dog early in the morning. Now she just gets a quick walk up and down the lane later in the morning - I can't wait until she is able to go off her lead (and neither can she).

Adoption panel for me this morning followed by a quick pop to the shops before I head home to pick Millie up to take her for her twice weekly check up. I had to ring the vet yesterday as she keeps being sick whenever she eats something. We decided that the new food is probably far too rich and she is currently on scrambled eggs. I am not sure how much she is drinking either - when we first bought her home she was drinking loads and now I don't really notice her drinking, but then I never really did before. I shall be much happier once we are back from the vets and see what they say.

Then school pick up followed by trip to the opticians before dropping girls off with my mum for their dinner whilst I come home to get my dinner before fetching them again and then going out to the pub quiz this evening.

Phew - I'm exhausted before I even start today.
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
debih

Postby Ally » 06 Dec 2012, 09:00

Gosh Debih..I'm sloth like today compared to you. :lol: :lol:

Good luck with Millie.
Ally
Site Admin

Postby Kaz » 06 Dec 2012, 09:12

Morning everyone :) Brrrrrr it's very cold here today - I'm glad that I'm stuck in waiting for my Argos delivery now :roll: :lol:

I hope Millie will get a good report from the vet Debih xxxx

Ally half your luck 8-) :lol:

Weka good luck with the move hun - at least when you move all of those housey problems will be someone else's problem! Stay safe from the awful weather xxxx

Well my day will be spent stuck in waiting for that delivery, so I'll be getting on with house stuff - clearing my ironing basket and so forth.......Not very exciting but at least I'll be in the warm 8-)

Stay well and warm everyone ((((x))))
Kaz

Postby saundra » 06 Dec 2012, 09:18

morning all weka hope all goes well what a nightmare
a tornado hope the plumber sorts everything out
keys tomorrow wow great :)
its a lovely clear cold morning here
but i darent go out because of the ice/snow
all my parcels have come so no
waiting for parcels now
have a good day all
stay warm
hope millie improves
saundra

Postby Kaz » 06 Dec 2012, 09:27

That's you and me both stuck in then Saundra :roll: Pass the cuppa and the kit kats........ ;) :lol:
Kaz

Postby Ally » 06 Dec 2012, 09:29

Kaz..I'm thick. Half what luck. :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ETA sorry Ally I edited your post instead of quoting it - Kaz xxx :oops: :oops:
Ally
Site Admin

Postby tonicha » 06 Dec 2012, 09:37

Morning everyone

Chucking it down this morning, so Grumpy is going to drive me down to the village - these calcadas get very slippy when wet and we're on a hill :D

Get blood done - the doc wants my calcium levels checked - then pick up last weeks lotto winnings :shock: and get this weeks losing ticket :lol: butchers for rib of beef, lump of pork for stew (not the rib of beef, that might be for Christmas ) and other stuff. No coffee and no strolling around the market.

Then I'mm have a gurt fry-up, make the stew and nag - sorry, ask nicey :roll: if we can have the fire lit early :D

Hope Millie is okay Debih, and hope you all keep warm xx

Weka, the very best of luck with the move and hope your weather imrpoves xxx
tonicha

Postby Kaz » 06 Dec 2012, 09:48

allyluvselvis wrote:Kaz..I'm thick. Half what luck. :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What I was trying to do before I cocked it up ( :oops: ) was to quote you and say half your luck getting your ironing done already - wanna come and do mine??? :mrgreen: :D :lol:
Kaz

Next

Return to Cafe